masquerade

“Stefan, Damon, you ready” I shouted down from Stefan’s room.

“yes” they shouted together. Elena and I both walked out and rounded the corner to reveal ourselves.

“wow” they muttered together both opening their mouths slightly.

“do I still look like a prostitute?” I asked Damon making my way down the stairs, Elena one-step in front of me.

“defiantly not” Damon muttered, still looking me up and down.

“doesn’t she look good Stefan” Elena whispered.

“I am sure Mrs Lockwood will have something disapproving to say” Stefan joked pulling me to him for a hug.

“brilliant” I smiled. We did not get off to the best of starts as she immediately disapproved of me, my outfits and my attitude. Add to the mix that Damon looks about thirty and I look sixteen, and I kind of got drunk one night, called her a bitch and slapped her; and you have the prefect recipe for an unhappy acquaintance.

“I still don’t think it was a good idea hitting her, especially in a public place so we couldn’t remove the memory” Damon muttered.

“if I do recall correctly Mr Salvatore, you laughed, dragged me outside and said you wished you could say the same” I looked at him.

“guilty” he smirked making Stefan roll his eyes, that  was one night he did not talk to me.

“you’re lucky she didn’t have you arrested” Stefan scolded.

“aw where’s fun Stefan gone, I liked him” I moaned turning to face him.

“god you two are perfect for each other” he muttered pulling his best brooding face.

“and there goes the broody face” Damon muttered in my ear loud enough for Stefan to hear.

“go to hell” he muttered and turned around to walk away, Elena quickly following him.

“I would say I am already there but I don’t think Marti belongs in hell” Damon shouted after him.

“aw Stef wait” I called after him.

“leave him to brood, it’s what he does best” Damon muttered in my ear.

“maybe we shouldn’t go” I whispered.

“why not?” he asked, I thought he was dead set on not going and I was making him, guess I was wrong.

“well the whole drunken slap thing is still pretty fresh and I just don’t feel like it” I muttered.

“Morticia we are going” Damon ordered.

“and I won’t let you get so drunk, or if I do, I will keep you away from her” he promised.

“fine” I admitted defeat and followed him to his car, Stefan and Elena had already left.

Two champagne glasses later I was still nowhere near buzzing enough to be here. Damon had disappeared talking with Jeremy, Stefan was dancing with Elena, and Tyler kept flirting with me.

“so Damon left you then” he asked leading me into his father’s office.

“so to speak, he has gone off to talk to Jeremy about something” I muttered not really sure what they were talking about.

“that sucks, if I had a girl that looked as beautiful as you do tonight, I would not leave her for other jerks to talk to” he smiled at me and started to rummage in the draws of the desk. I thought it was ironic what he said considering what he was doing.