Which was all the more reason to get that woman and her pups out of here! They didn’t need to draw the extra attention that would come from the two rogue wolves taking a mate and children. The packs could see that as a threat. Surely Julian would realize that too.

                Not sensing any threat in the air, Marcus turned and made his way back into the shack. Julian was still in that same spot simply staring at the woman. Marcus rolled his eyes, growled in his throat and laid the bucket of snow on the cook stove to melt.

                A rustling in the corner had his head whipping around as the little girl, Audrey, sat up and rubbed at her eyes, “I have to go potty.”

                “Then go,” Marcus growled.

                She looked around, “Where’s the potty?”

                “Outside,” Marcus replied.

                Audrey’s green eyes widened, “I can’t go by myself! It’s dark!”

                “I gotta go potty too,” the little boy, Tanner, mumbled as he too sat up.

                “You’ll have to take them,” Julian informed Marcus.

                Marcus shook his head, “No. I am done being a goddamned errand boy. You take them.”

                “I have to watch her,” Julian countered.

                Marcus rolled his eyes, “I can watch her just fine. You better take them before they make a fucking puddle in the corner.”

                Julian and Marcus stared one another down for a moment but Marcus had always been the stronger brother and Julian’s wolf knew that. With a sigh, Julian stood and motioned to the children. They ran to him and he used a wool blanket to wrap them up tight before lifting them both into his arms.

                “If she wakes up you need to be nice and not scare her….”

                Marcus flashed a toothy grin, “I’m always nice.”

                The pups giggled and Marcus grumbled. Julian rolled his eyes and then left the shack. Marcus closed the door behind them and stalked to the bucket which was now mostly water. He grabbed the handle, ignoring the heat against his palm and pulled a rag from the drawer before stalking toward the bed.

                He tried very hard to assess the woman’s looks objectively. Pale skin, brown hair with hints of red and gold, shapely cheeks, full lips that were the perfect shape, a nose that was a little too big and a body that was as well. She wasn’t the type of woman he would normally have been attracted to but gazing at her had his body on fire with the need to touch her.