Chapter Two: So This is How it Starts

Oh no... I think to myself, looking up in fear at the strange men around me, who were looking down at me as if I had two heads. Quickly, I moved to dash away into the safety of the jungle, only to have the one they called Alistair grab my arm before I could go.
     "The 'ell? I 'ought you said this place was unexplored, Arthur!" he yelled, hauling me up to my feet.
     "Unexplored does not mean uninhabited," Arthur muttered, leaning close to my face. Before I could stop it, a slight red passes over my face. I felt a defensive growl rumble from the depths of my chest, pouring from between my gritted teeth, as my free hand instinctively whipped out the stone dagger my father had given me. I managed to scrape the hand holding me back, making it let go, and - using my moment of freedom - I attempted to scramble up the tree trunk closest to me. Unfortunately, it appeared luck was not on my side tonight as the one I understand to be called Alfred grabbed my leg and hoisted me towards him, holding me upside down.
     "Let go of me, strange men!" I demanded, glad I had worn the cloth that wrapped around my legs instead of the one that draped over my hips.
     "Well, at least she speaks English," Alfred poked the side of my face, "and it seems she has the sense to wear clothes."
     "She's really pretty!" Peter walks up to me with bright eyes, a small hand reaching out towards my cheek. I stared back at him with wide, (e/c) eyes.
     "No! Peter!" Arthur, whom had been staring at me strangely up until now, quickly - but gently - pulled the small boy away from me, breaking his and my own temporary trance.
     "I won't ask nicely again!" I yell, whipping my dagger around. Arthur bent down and swiped the knife out of my hand with professional precision. So these men were dangerous, strong, and obviously swift, but I still had a few tricks.
     "Please," I faked the crack in my voice, "you have to let me go. She'll get me if you don't!" It was a warning and an escape plan all in one. Granted, when I ran, they might think my warning was a lie, but my conscience would be clear.
     "Who will get you?" Peter asked, eyes wide. Children have always been the easiest to convince.
    "The woman who brought the disease! It killed everyone!" I managed to force tears to my eyes, tears that only came when I wished, "You must let me go and leave quickly! Before she infects you too!"
     "Big brother, we should leave! I don't want to die," my crocodile tears seemed to strike a chord with the small blue eyed child.
     "Hmph," Arthur, however, didn't seem convinced, "Good attempt, love, but you'd have to be a pretty convincing actress to trick a pirate."
     "Pi...rat?" I snarled, dropping the act, "Is that what they call men like you? In those ridiculous clothes, with those odd accents?"
     "Ridiculous?!" Arthur spat in surprise, "Says the woman wearing barely enough to cover her privates!"
     "Whatever those words you're spewing mean, my warning is the truth, even if my tears were not," I say wistfully, the blood rushing to my head finally getting to me, "she will..." things started going black before I could finish my warning, which is bad since she could arrive at any moment, destroying all the lives in her path. Even if they were rude, I had to warn them. My thoughts faded out as the world around me disappeared, blackness taking everything's place.

Something was going to go down, and this was how it began.

A/n: Sorry I've been gone for so long. School... no computer... etc. The usual. But now I've got a laptop so I'll probably update a little more. It's so much easier to type on this. Anyway, I thank you guys for being patient with me. (T-T) I'm such a bad person. I don't deserve you guys. Well, anywayz, byez!!