“You didn't do anything, Aide. I just...” I pause as I sit down on my bed and he joins me. There's so much pain in his face. It hurts to know I hurt him so bad. “I felt like we were moving in two different directions.” I sigh, knowing he probably wouldn't understand what I meant.

“So then, if you felt that way, did you make love to me Spence?” I knew the question was coming. I just didn't have an answer for it. I've asked myself that, many times. I guess, deep down, I felt like maybe sleeping with him would erase the feelings I had for Ashley. Make everything back normal—before Ashley showed up. But if anything, it showed me that I wanted her, craved her, needed her.

“I don't know.” I tell him and he drops his head. I drop down on my knees in front of him. I've never seen him like this—so vulnerable. “I love you, Aiden. I will always love you. Just not in that way anymore.” He looks up at me, meeting my eyes.

“I'll never stop loving you, Spence.” He says placing a hand on my cheek. And without another word he gets up and walks out.

I'm not sure if that made me feel better or worse.

I decide to go ahead and get ready for school. After getting ready I head down to eat breakfast.

“Sweetie, your father and I probably won't be home until after midnight tonight.” She pauses, grabbing her purse off the counter and rifles through it. “Order out for dinner.” She says handing me a twenty.

“Okay, mom.” I say, taking another bite outta my pancake.

“Kay, sweetie.” She kisses my forehead. “Hurry up so you're not late for school.” She grabs her bag off the counter.

“Okay.” I say with a mouth full of pancake as she leaves. I finish up my food and head upstairs to grab my phone and bag when my phone rings. I immediately smile at the name that pops up.

“Hey.” I answer walking down the steps and out the front door.

“Hey baby.” She says and my heart flutters. “What'cha doing?”

“Leaving for school.” I tell her as I make my way to my car.

“How about you come over here instead.” She says cutely.

“You mean ditch school?” I ask a little surprised at her request.

“Yeah. Let's have an us day.” She pauses and I can hear the smile in her voice as she says, “Like as a real couple.” She finishes and I can't control the smile the creeps onto my face.

“I think you're crazy.” I tell her and she giggles.

“So does that mean you're coming?” She asks, as I back out of the driveway and drive the opposite direction of the school.

“Of course. I'm on my way.”

“Okay, hurry cause I miss you.” She says sweetly and hangs up.