Chapter 13 ~ Death

*AUTHORS POV*

It lingered around Hyemi, luring her every breathe out. She was close, too close to It.

The thing wrapped her in darkness, squeezing effortlessly, the cold blanket of death embracing her like one would a lover.

The persistent pounding of her heart annoyed It, of course it would. Death hated any signs of life, and the rushing of the blood as well as the pounding of her beart were both things that pissed It off to no end.

Gleefully, It watched as Hyemi took one last struggle, her body going limb.

Come to me... It purred in a hushed tone, a whisper that would have sent goosebumps on Hyemi's arms had her body been functioning properly.

Don't be afraid, my dear child... I will alleviate you from all pain, all fear... You'll no longer have to be afraid of Hanbin leaving you... the pain of Hanbin forgetting you, gone... Your dreams will no longer be a weight on your shoulder anymore...

Come to me... this haven devoid of all negativity...

With its gentle tone, it lured Hyemi's consciousness in slowly, like a fish caught on the fisherman's hook.

It reared her in, slender fingers like the branches of a willowed tree extending slowly, taking claim of her arm, her hair. The darkness engulfed her, surrounding her in the opaque darkness.

With a crackling sound, more arms emerged from the blanket of Death that seemed to spread endlessly, placing the bony finger on her body, ready to claim her.

An average human can survive without oxygen for only 3 minutes, where the brain cells slowly die, an irreversible predicament.

Hyemi hasn't reached that part yet, she was still holding onto her breathe, the picture of Hanbin she had conjured up in her mind giving her strength.

Death started counting down impatiently, as if It were anticipating a new year. It grows stronger with every human that joins It, and It aims to take over the world with the darkness of death, replacing the light of life.

Finally, the last five seconds before Hyemi loses her consciousness, and her life.

5...

4...

3...

2...

The world around Hyemi plunged into darkness, but it was a different kind. Death snarred, confused as the dark water around It rippled and crashed in waves. Light seeped in and before It even knew what was happening, Death was fading away slowly, Its arms desperately reaching out for Hyemi...

*HANBIN POV*

I ran. Junhoe ran beside me , his face scrunched up in frustration.

"Hyemi, where are you???"

He shouted, his loud voice booming across the garden. If she was here, she would hear.

But Seyun would hear too. Chances of her being with Hyemi were close to 100%. They couldn't both just disappear so suddenly unless they were together.

"Hyung, I'll go search for her there. You go straight ahead towards the swimming pool. Keep in contact in case we find her." Junhoe suggested, already moving to the other direction.

I nodded, my stomach knottes up in nervousness. This will help cover more ground, and we'll be able to find Hyemi sooner.

I continued running in the same direction, heading for the swimming pool, which I guessed would be easy to spot.