Chapter 71: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Oh I will be leaving and if you try and stop me I will release every ounce of dark chakra in my body. None of you will survive" She threatened. I stared at her. She had managed to side with Itachi after all these years, but what Sasuke did she couldn't forgive. She would not stand by him, even if she was just as angry at the Leaf as he was. She would continue Itachi's legacy. She would set aside her emotions and protect the Leaf.

"Yours and Itachi's bond runs deep. It is something unique, and the similarities you share are not mere coincidence" I started but she didn't waver.

"I can tell you more Princess, the source of your dark chakra. Why you're the light in the dark. You and Itachi shared far more than blood" I tempted. I thought I had her, I thought I had spiked her curiosity when she stepped towards me. She offered her hand and I took it expecting a shake, but stumbled when she pulled me forward and slammed her knee into my gut. I gasped this time dropping on my knees; the wind having been knocked out of me. I cringed when she turned slamming her heel into the side of my face.

"I'm not an idiot, I'm not Sasuke." She spat and I managed to look up at her. The whites in her eyes were still darker than they should be. Her rage was tempting his power.

"I've only told you the truth" I objected and she nodded.

"I know, but I don't need the rest of your truth. I can uncover it on my own" She said firmly, stepping back as I got to my feet.

"So you can keep my idiot brother, but you can't keep me. Leave me alone." I could hear the threat in her voice and decided it was my best interest not to pressure her further. She started hand signs then and the others stepped back as their shadows pulled towards her.

"Rin" Sasuke called and she glanced at him.

"Please" He tried, and I knew he wanted her stay but her glare held as the darkness became dense around her.

"Have a great life"

Rin

I was still exhausted. I hadn't nearly rested long enough for a full recovery but I had to get out of there. Everything, everything I had ever thought and believed in about Itachi proved to be true. The pain was overwhelming and each time I let my thoughts drift it was always to Itachi, laying on the ground and his last words echoing in my head. All this time, every I love you I still told him he had to withhold the answer. All until this moment when he could finally say it without consequence. I wiped my eyes before the tears messed up my writing. There were already smudges on parts of the scroll. I was sick of this crying, but I had no idea how to make it stop.

"I got your clones message" I glanced up when the door opened. It had felt good, briefly, to hit Madara. It even felt good to hit Sasuke but now I needed a plan and I knew just as well they did that I couldn't just waltz back into the Leaf village with no backlash.

"Thank you for coming so quickly" I replied as I wrote faster on the scroll.

"You look like hell" He replied and I attempted a small smile but instead had to wipe my eyes again.

"You're one to talk Kisame" I tried to joke but my voice cracked mid-sentence and so he fell silent. After using my transportation jutsu to get away from Sasuke and Madara I returned to the hideout, to one of the buildings on the outskirts of where the battle took place. I had sent a clone to find Kisame and was glad that he traveled fast.

"What are you writing?" He asked as he glanced over my shoulder.

"It's not a suicide note is it?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, Itachi's death has been a struggle but that is not the outcome he would have wanted" I replied.

"You're not wrong" He agreed.