Chapter One- That Light Was Long Gone

a/n picture is of Chase.
~Chase~

"Chase..." A voice slurred, peeling my eyes open I rolled over in my darken room and looked at my father. The man was broken beyond repair, you could tell by looking at him. His green eyes were dull, their was light in them once, but that light was long gone. I surely didn't know if it would ever be back or not.

"Yes, father?" I asked in my a quiet voice, his moods were temperamental. One second he was angry, another he was and another he was blank. I didn't quite like his moods, it scared me shitless but I knew it wasn't his fault. It was hers...my mother. The women who left me when I was five years old, who could leave their own child. I find that it's heartless and cruel, making your child grow up with out a mother or father. if I ever have children they'll know both their parents.

Father moved closer to me, his steps stumbling as he reached my bed with neat sheets on it. "We are... moving...better pack and maybe even drive..." He said, I nodded watching as he left my room stumbling and running into my neat desk scattering the pens and pencils that were in their cup holders.

I stood up, fixing my sheets and glancing around my spotless room. I liked my room like this for it was something I could control, unlike life situations. Moving gracefully across my room, I pulled the closet door open removing moving boxes, moving wasn't something that I was not use too. We moved often, never staying in one place for too long because things often reminded him of her.

I don't even remember what she looks like, father says she had honey blonde hair and light brown eyes that sparkled whenever something pleased her. Father says I have eyes just like her, I think that's a bad thing for sometimes during his drunken spells he yells at me as if I was her. I would never leave my father, why would I? He was a broken man, trying as hard as he could to support us. I guess I would have to quit my current job, I worked at a small coffee shop I had to help gain money anyway I could.

I was finished with all my stuff, which wasn't much. I rarely ever unpacked much, I knew the routine by now and that was a sufficient amount of work, if I unpacked everything. Carrying my boxes down to the living room, I set them down by the couch I only had to make three trips for my desk took one trip.

"Father? Are you packed?" I asked walking towards his room, it was barren like usual the boxes were scattered around the floor making me sigh. I collected them bringing them down to the living room, realizing that my father was in the kitchen making breakfast. That made my stomach curl in anticipation, but  I scolded my stomach eternally.

"You're too fat Chase. You don't need food, you're way too fat." Whispering to myself, I put all the boxes in our truck. The huge black Ford held the boxes effortlessly, making me pleased with all the hard work and money that was put into that car.

I sat on the floor waiting for my father to finish his food, I looked down at my phone seeing I had a message form one of my friends. I don't have many friends, I met this one online at a website for writing. Opening the message, I scanned it and sighed.

GoldenAlpha1221: Hello, Dexter! I hope you had a good dream, maybe I was there. I miss you and we need to work on our story again. Tell me what food you've eaten today.

FurryDexs6658: Micheal, I didn't have any dreams last night like always and I just finished a chapter last night, and I ate a lot so I don't remember much of what I ate.

I knew I told him a lie, but he wasn't here and what he doesn't know won't kill him, unless it really does I suppose. He doesn't even know my real name, I'm too ashamed to be Chase Maxtion, if only I wasn't born, if only I was Dexter Nition.