Chapter 5: Shake it up

Start from the beginning

 I looked back at Asher, who looked like he was dreading something. But he looked like that all day, so I didn't worry too much until the teacher said my name. 

 "Now, Winter, is it? How unique. Why don't you share a few things about yourself, to help us get to know you?" Asher immediately let his head fall to his desk, like this is what he was hoping wouldn't happen. 

 I cleared my throat, about to speak-"Stand, if you please? That class will hear you better." Oh. 

 I stood, the dozens of eyes trained on my face not bothering me a bit. "What do you want to know?" I smiled at the teacher, who looked puzzled at my enthusiasm. 

 "Great, another fag." Some male to my left coughed, sitting two seats in front of Asher. I growled, but Asher quickly nudged my foot with his, silencing me before anyone could notice. 

 "Brent! Not another word like that, or you're off the principal's. Do you hear me?" This 'Brent' male nodded, smirking at me. 

 I will spill his blood-

 "Winter! Murderous look! Cut it out!" Asher hissed at me. I snapped out of it, smiling at the teacher again. 

 "What did you want to know?" My voice was gruffer, and the teacher shifted uncomfortably. 

 "Oh, just a few things, like what you like to do in your spare time, or what you like to eat. Things like that." I nodded, crossing my arms across my chest and thinking. A few females giggled, pointing at me and whispering. 

 "I watch TV and I like to eat a lot of meat. I mean, like, I only eat meat. Big, helpings of meat. No vegetables."  

.......

There was a pause before the class exploded into laughter, and Asher groaned loudly but nobody took notice of him because they too busy laughing. What? What did I say wrong? Brent was laughing the hardest, his hands on his stomach. "I-I bet you do like big meat!" He stammered out, sending everybody into more giggle fits. 

 "Enough!" The teacher shouted, silencing only a few of the students. I don't understand what is so funny! I shrugged at Asher, who was starting to hit himself in the head with his book. 

"Students! You are to act in an appropriate manner or I will be sending notes home to all of your parents!" He shouted, going red in the face. The class slowly quieted down, and the teacher cleared his throat, adjusting his tie. 

"Better. Now, Winter, you may take your seat, seeing as your classmates are too immature to handle one simple introduction." 

I stared in confusion, but shrugged and picked up my chair, making my way to the door. I heard gasps of breath, and a few disbelieving whispers. What now? 

"What- son, where on earth are you going with that chair?!" The teacher exclaimed, making me more confused than i'd been all day. I glanced at Asher again, to see if he would be any help, but his face was completely mortified and he was practically begging me as silently as he could to come back. I shook my head, turning to answer the teacher. 

"You said to take my seat, didn't you?" Another person made a disbelieving noise, and then the sound of painfully forced back laughter filled the room, but it was useless as the teacher scowled at all of them. 

"Look, I know you're new here, Mr....Smith." He paused to glance at his computer. "But I won't tolerate any sarcastic jokes, new or not. Now please, sit down." I bit my lip, setting my chair down next to a red haired girl who giggled as I sat down next to her.