Chapter 1: Dog days are over

-----------WARNING! This will probably be the weirdest shifter story you ever read in your entire life. This is also boyxboy, which means gay gay GAY. There will also be sinful scenes in later chapters, so if any of the above make you squeamish, too bad, read it anyways. :) Moving on----------

 ~Winter~

Oh, my god, what the hell is that?

I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the small creature before me, it's fluffy brown fur sticking out at all ends. It was panting, which is definitely dog like, but it doesn't look like a dog. It looks like a furry, hideous, rat creature.  

No, definitely not a dog. 

I mean, I would know a dog when I saw one, right? Considering I am a dog. Now, I know what you may be thinking. How can I be in the mind of a dog? Dogs don't think words, they only think 'Woof, woof!' Not me. I guess i'm not a regular dog either.

I'm a shifter, which means I shift into an animal and a human. Only, I was supposed to be a full blown wolf shifter, except due to some 'cross-breeding', yes you can shiver in disgust, in my bloodline, I turned out to be pretty half-assed. I was the weakest in my litter, so I was thrown out. I'm still not very big. About the size of a husky.

I would gladly turn into a human in a second, except I don't know how to. I was never taught anything, ever, by anyone. I know how to be a human, since I grew up with them, but I don't know how to become a human. It's so frustrating.

Anyways, back to business here. My female owner, Sidney, has presented my master and I with a small-er-thing, that she says is now her dog. I looked at Asher, my master, and he shrugged. He looked about as disgusted as I was. 

"Uh, Sidney, what the hell is that?" See, we even think alike! We must be connected. I know it.

"Asher, don't say it like that! This is Cookie, and she's the cutest little Pomeranian I have ever seen! Isn't she gorgeous?" He wrinkled his nose, sticking his hands in his pockets. 

"That's not exactly the word i'd use, Sid." She scowled at him. 

"Don't listen to him Cookie, you're beautiful." She knelt down and stroked 'Cookie's' fur, cooing. "Now, Asher, bring your big dumb beast over here and introduce them so he doesn't eat Cookie." 

I snorted, licking my lips just for fun. Asher nudged my furry white shoulder, snickering. 

"Okay, okay. Winter, I know she looks like food, and is named after food, and I won't blame you if you accidentally swallow her-" 

"Asher!" He laughed. 

"-alright! Winter, don't eat the thing. It'll hurt Sidney's feelings, and the neighbors will never stop thinking you're a monster if you run around with blood on your chops." I huffed, looking down at Cookie with disdain. She panted, looking unconcerned.

I sniffed her curiously, circling her like they expected me to do. I didn't sniff her butt, that's gross. I may act like a domesticated pooch for their sake, so not to freak them out, but there is no way my shnozz is going up this dog's butthole. 

After thoroughly inspecting her, I sat back down beside Asher and heaved a sigh, knowing I would now be forced to live with this little ball of fuzz. 

"See? He's fine, Winter has better taste than to eat your little fluff ball." I swear, our brains are one and our thoughts are coming from our intertwined souls. 

"Fine. He better not pee on her or anything stupid either." Oh, but now I want to! 

Asher grinned, taking a hand out of his pocket and running it through his short brown hair. "He won't. Probably. I'll talk to him, okay?" Sidney nodded, looking relieved. Asher ruffled the fur on my head and ran upstairs, and unspoken challenge to race.