Chapter 17: The quiet before the storm

Hi there! Sorry that it took me this long to upload. I was very busy at work and I had a huge writer's block after the last chapter. Sorry again, I'll try to upload the next chapter sooner. Enjoy!

Chapter 17

David’s POV

Bbbzzzzzz…bbbbzzzzzzz.

Ughh…what was that?

My phone lit up the room, pulling me from my nice warm sleep in Mirthe’s arms. I looked up. She was still sleeping. Her mouth was slightly open and I could see her little pink tongue. That little pink tongue that drove me insane last night.

Her long eyelashes were fluttering on her cheeks. She was having a happy dream. She was smiling and cuddled closer to me.

I checked the caller ID and saw that Raymond sent a message.

Put on the news. Kidnap victims disappeared in The Netherlands.

I got out of bed, walked to the living room and put on the BBC news.

This morning, at 7:23 am 20 people across Holland disappeared today, in a similar manner as those in the US 2 days ago. They disappeared into thin air and nothing is known about what happened.

“David?” Mirthe came into the room and looked at the television.

She pulled up a chair and sat down. “We really need to stop whatever is happening to us. No way I am ending up as dust somewhere.” She said, her eyes not leaving the screen.

I put a hand through my hair. “Whatever happens, I doubt they would go through all this effort to simply turn us into dust.”

She glared at me.

I walked over and played with her hair. “We were kidnapped about the same time, so I guess that whatever is happening, we are not long apart from another. That is all that matters to me now.”

She smiled. “I just hope I won’t end up having parts of you, or you having parts of me when we materialize.”

I looked at her breasts. “I won’t mind having those actually.”

She grinned. “Get your mind out of the gutter.”

I smiled and pulled her up against me. Slowly, I let my hands roam to her arse. “I quite enjoy being in the gutter.” I said while lifting her and walking back to the bedroom.

Aaron’s POV

We were on the way back from the hospital. I was driving and Amy sat quietly beside me in the passenger seat.  She moaned when trying to shift position. “I have stronger painkillers in my bag in the back seat. Do you want one?” I asked.

“Yeah, when we are at your flat. No need to pull over yet.” She answered.

I looked at her. She looked so pale.

“I’ll help you pack your things tomorrow. Please don’t protest. Your shoulder needs rest.”

“Thank you, Aaron.” She sighed.

What? No snarky comments? It not like her to agree this easily.

“Why are you doing this? David could have helped me just fine.” She said after a while.

I took a deep breath.

“Because I care about you. A lot. You have no idea how you scared me by getting shot.”

I felt her gaze but she said nothing.

“Amy?”

She sighed. “Aaron, we both know that you are not relationship material.”