Chapter Fourteen: Skates and Coffees

Start from the beginning

"Alrighty, let's go ladies. It's only about a seven minute walk towards the park." Thomas told us and opened the door. We all filed out and took the walk. I looked sideways at Lily and saw her lost in thought. I wondered what it was all about. I knew is was wrong but I wanted to know.

"Who's Eddie?" I asked her. She looked at me stunned.

"You looked through my mind! You can't do that!" Lily exclaimed. I looked down.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I told her as we entered the park. We moved to the bench and Mr Evans gave us each a pair of skates to lace up. Lily sighed.

"If you must know, Eddie, is Edward Chambers." She told me, and I looked up, shocked.

"From Hufflepuff? Have you been seeing him? Do you fancy him?" I questioned her. I saw her ears turn red and her face blush.

"I'm not seeing him. But if you must know, we went on a few study dates. Nothing more." Lily told me. She did like him.

"Did you do anything other than study?" I prodded.

"No. At least not yet." She told me. I smiled and stood up, holding out my hand for her to take.

"So you do fancy Eddie Chambers." Lily rolled her eyes and we went off to skate. We had a lovely time too, it was just the right temperature that made is cold enough to skate but not cold enough for our noses to freeze off.

Australe Leo Black ~ Thursday, December 25th, 1975 ~ 1548 Weavers Way, Cokeworth, England

Happy Christmas!

I hope you are having a wonderful time with Lily-flower. I hope she likes my gift. It might be a bit head strong but if I don't make a move, she will never understand her love for me.

I hope you like my gift too. I wasn't quite sure what to get you but then we, I mean rest of the marauders and myself, came up with a cool gift for you. When you open it, I hope you enjoy it.

Love from,
Prongs (James)

I laughed as I read the note James had sent me. I had just received his owl. I looked beside me to see two wrapped packages and another note, this one, addressed to Lily. I would have to give it to her when I went downstairs. For the moment, however, I was going to open this gift, assuming it was from all four of the boys. Although, I had received other presents from them yesterday and they were under the tree downstairs.

I tore open the package and inside was a sterling silver bracelet. It had five charms on it. Each was a crystallized animal. A dog, a stag, a wolf, a rat and a fox. I smiled to myself then slipped it on. It fit perfectly and I absolutely loved it.

I slipped my covers off and fed James' owl a treat where he then stood in my owls cage. I quickly wrote a letter back to James, thanking him for the lovely gift. I tied the letter to his owl and it took off out the open window.

I walked out of Lily and I's room and met Lily on her way back from the bathroom.

"This is from James." I handed it to her. She read the letter with a disbelieving look in here eyes. She then opened the present and out she took a necklace with a heart shaped locket on the front. She unclasped the heart and inside was a photograph of James smiling. I saw the photograph James rumple his hair and give her a wink. I laughed aloud.

"What was he thinking!" She exclaimed. I took the necklace, laughing my head off.

"This isn't funny, Aus! He is seriously creeping me out." She told me.