"What movie would you like to watch, Olivia?" Mr.McAllister asks and I shrug. Mum clears her throat loudly, her way of telling me to be more friendlier to Mr.McAllister – again, Robert. I will never get used to that.

"Sam and I usually watch Harry Potter." I say and bite into my muffin.

"Harry Potter on christmas?" Mr.McAllister laugh and so does mum, even though she knows exactly that that's our tradition.

"Yes, Harry Potter on christmas." I say and it must have come out kinda rough, since Mr.McAllister's face changes from amused to worried within seconds.

"ohh that's nice. I'm sorry that I laughed." He half smiles. I take a deep breath and can't believe how awkward it is to have my professor sitting in my home, peeling potatoes for my relatives.

"It's okay." I finish my muffin, get up and leave the kitchen. I'm not done with peeling but I really can't be bother to sit in a room with Mr.McAllister who is the boyfriend of my mother and at the same time my english professor. I already stand in front of the stairs, but then decide to just sit in the living room instead. There's nothing waiting for me in my bedroom, so why make the effort and go upstairs?

I go to the living room and sit, actually lay down, on the couch. The TV is already on and I watch the boring show that is on until Ethan comes in.

"Moody much?" He closes the door behind him and pushes my legs off the couch. When he sits down, I start to flick through the channels.

"I'm not moody." I say, even though... I am. But let's call it I'm-missing-Niall-so-don't-get-on-my-nerves-mood.

"You just left." Ethan points out the obvious.

"I know. I was there, E." I roll my eyes at him. "And in all honesty," I sit up and look at him up as I keep flicking through the channels. "It's not about the fact that Mr.McAllister - I meanRobert, fucking shit... it's not that he laughed about my and Sam's tradition."

"About what is it then?" Ethan want to know.

"Mum!" I raise my voice but quickly lower it again. I wait for Ethan to defend her, but he keeps quiet and just looks at me. "She laughed even though she knows exactly that that's a tradition."

Ethan shrugs, probably thinking that I am childish. "Maybe she just didn't want Robert to laugh alone."

And there he is, I think, Ethan who always has an answer und the perfect solution to everything. I raise my eyebrows at you him and give him a questioning and confused look at once. He just shrugs again and I roll my eyes at him. I lay back down and then go to the first channel again, just to look through them all while Ethan falls asleep.

When mum comes into the room, a couple of hours later, Ethan wakes up again and she turns the TV off, even though I just found something that wasn't boring me.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Please go and clean your rooms." She says and gives me a begging look. Ethan jumps up, leaves without saying anything. I slowly get up, wanting to follow him upstairs, but mum holds me back. "I'm sorry." She says.

"For what?" I ask. "For laughing at my tradition or for ruining my mood?"

"Olivia," She rolls her eyes at me. "Both, okay?" She half smiles. "I know that I shouldn't have laughed, but you know... I didn't want him to laugh alone and feel uncomfortable. He feels uncomfortable enough already, in a house with one of his student, you know?"

I take a deep breath and yes I'm moody and yes I overreacted and yes I can't give Niall the fault for leaving and making me miss him so much that I have became so moody, but damn I wish I could, because I really miss him a lot. The amount that I miss him is probably not even normal anymore.