Chapter 21: Chris's Rant

We walk back to the car parked outside our beautiful new home and hop in. Chris is smiling at me, so I look at him and smile. "We have our own home!" he shouts, and I laugh.

Never in a million years did I think, I would be eighteen, getting married, and have my own home. I wonder what Dad is going to think about the whole house thing. "Hey, Chris?" I ask looking at him. He looks over at me and smiles. 

"Yes love?" he asks in a British accent making my giggle at him. 

"How do you think Dad will react to the whole house thing?" I ask.

"He was okay with marriage. I don't think to move into a house together is going to be an issue," he says chuckling.

"I know, but I just hope he is going to be okay without me," I say. He grabs my hand and brings it to his mouth. Kissing my knuckles.

"He has always said that if you were happy, that he was happy." he says.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sure it just me over thinking everything." I say feeling myself calm down. I take a deep breath and look out the window.

It's almost Valentines day, so we have very little snow. The trees are green, and everything is bright. This is my favorite time of year. Right in the middle of Winter, and Spring. Bright, Alive, Fresh, but cold. I can feel the smile going across my face. "Good God Dillon. You are so beautiful when you smile." Chris says and I look over to him.

"Thank you?" I say blushing.

"You don't believe me, do you? Dillon, I don't think you understand how every time I look at you, I am blown away! To this day, and every day after today I will never understand why I was the one who captured your heart. You make me the big, tall, scary, goth guy all soft and kind! You want to know the worst part about it?" he asks. I am so dumbfounded, I have no words for what he is telling me.

"The worst part about it is.... I have no idea how you do it," he says breathing out heavily at the end of that statement. I must have had a weird look on my face because Chris starts to chuckle a little bit. 

"C-Chris..." I start.

"I love you Dillon." he says, and every cloud that was in my head disappears.

"I love you too Chris," I say, and he smiles.

I look back out the window and see that we are driving down Dad's street. I smile, as we pull up. Chris parks the car, and we get out, walking to the front door.

We walk is, and see Dad is still on the couch, but he is dressed. "Daddy!" I yell and jump over the back of the couch. He laughs, and grabs me, making sure I didn't fall off. 

"Hey there. How was your day?" he asks.

"Good, but we have some news for you," I say.

"You're not pregnant are you?" he asks, and I burst out laughing.

"No still got a few years before I make you Grandpa Andy!" I say.

"Hey don't make promises accidents happen!" Chris says and I start laughing harder, but I can see that it wasn't amusing to Dad.

"Sorry," I say and calm myself down.

"Okay so if I'm not going to be Grandpa Andy! What is your guy's news?" he asks

"We bought a house! We have our own home Dad!" I say.

"Wait you bought a house without me?" he asked shocked.

"Um Andy, Kellin actually helped me. It was a surprise for Dillon." Chris says and I look over to him.

"Okay.... I knew this was going to happen eventually. I want to see this house soon though." he says.

"Of course! We were thinking about getting paint tonight and starting work tomorrow." Chris says and I nod.

"Cool, I will get the guys to come help," Dad says sounding a little happier.

"Sounds like fun!" I say, and through my hands up in the air and tip over onto Dads lap. Chris, and him both chuckle at me, then turn to the T.V.

I smile and head back to the kitchen. There was nothing to do in there so I head upstairs, and walk into my room. I lay down, and go to bed.