Walking Dead Theories

1) Enid is a Spy

Cinema Blend lays out a convincing case for why Enid, the turtle-eating survivor who finds her way to Alexandria just months before Rick Grimes's crew does, may be more than just a potential love interest for Carl. Using her propensity for sneaking beyond the community's walls and her hesitance to approach Alexandria in the first place as evidence, the site hypothesizes that Enid is a spy. Whether she's spying for the deranged Wolves or a yet-unseen enemy-perhaps the Saviors, a terrifying group important in Robert Kirkman's graphic novels-is the subject of debate.

2) Rick is Immune/Is a Zombie Already/Is Immortal

The popular "Rick is already a zombie" theory originated when Redditors started hypothesizing how our hero could have survived in the hospital for months without food or water as the world fell to ruins around him. The only plausible explanation, many have decided, is that Rick didn't survive at all-he actually died in the show's first episode. When he wakes up and leaves the hospital, Rick is not emerging from his coma, but is rising from the dead.

This is where things get tricky: If the virus is already present in everyone, as we learn at the CDC at the end of season one, why doesn't Rick reanimate as a zombie? Theories diverge here. Some believe that Rick has the disease like everyone else does, but it's dormant in him. The dormancy keeps him safe from the virus's worst symptoms (namely, becoming a flesh-eating monster), but he will continue to come back to life each time he's killed. Others believe that Rick's coma is to thank for his non-zombiness: The disease couldn't attack his brain the way it normally does because his brain activity was reduced during the coma.

Donna Dickens at HitFix makes a case for why this is all baloney: While Rick was indeed in a coma for months, she theorizes, the hospital had only recently fallen. Until just days before Rick awakens, a generator had been powering the hospital and doctors had been tending to patients.

3) The Zombie Virus was Started by Aliens

Crazy, right? Or just crazy enough to be true? The fact that the zombie virus affects humans alone and doesn't appear to be spread by animals has led some Redditors to conclude that it must be the work of the extraterrestrial beings bent on destroying the human race. The virus will eliminate all human life, but leave the rest of the world largely intact and vulnerable to alien colonization.

4) North America is a Quarantine Zone

Commenters counter the alien theory with a more plausible one: The zombie virus is an example of biological warfare gone astray. The virus was developed as an experimental weapon that somehow (either mistakenly or purposefully) was unleashed on the United States. The show's myopic perspective keeps viewers in the dark about the fate of the rest of the world. It's therefore possible-improbable, but possible-that the virus never crossed the Atlantic, and North America was cordoned off in order to keep the rest of the world safe. As far-fetched as this may be, ending the series by zooming out to show the rest of the world continuing on as normal would be mind-blowing.

5) The Zombies Will Soon Completely Decompose

One optimistic theory posits that the best way for the human race to combat the walkers is to hunker down and wait. Entertainment Wise uses the fact that executive producer and SFX makeup supervisor Greg Nicotero makes the zombies look increasingly decomposed each season to support the hypothesis that, given time, the zombies will completely decay. Unburied bodies take approximately one to three years to turn to dust, so if everyone just hid until then - thereby preventing the walkers from claiming new victims - they'd all be in the clear.

~~~~~~~

A/NI am loving this 'add picture' thing

A/N
I am loving this 'add picture' thing. Since TWD is coming back on on Valentines Day, I decided to upload this. Make sure to leave recommendations and I'll see you in the next chapter!