Gravity Falls Theories

Conspiracy theorists have set the web on fire with theories about Gravity Falls, Disney's latest animated series about a twin brother and sister who go to stay with their uncle in his tourist trap "The Mystery Shack" for the summer. There they discover that the seemingly boring town of Gravity Falls houses numerous secrets based around the supernatural, the occult, and otherworldly. The series has thankfully become a welcomed hit, and that's good news since its set up a series of mysteries and hidden messages within every episode of the show for fans to decode and decipher.

Some have proclaimed the show a subtle form of Disney advertising their alliance with organizations like the Illuminati, but in reality, the show is a rare dabbling in the horror and science fiction genre for the network that just happens to have a good time giving fans hidden messages to tinker with when the show is over. That said, Disney does have a long history of subliminal messages - just take their proclivity for including mouse-shaped clouds in most of their films or their infamous SFX dust cloud in The Lion King. So, for the fun of it here are five mysteries of Gravity Falls that are leaving us scratching our heads.

Symbols:

There are many symbols hidden within the seams of Gravity Falls. Disney is famous for implanting hidden messages in most of their animated and live action films, and it would seem they continue to revel in subliminal imagery and Easter Eggs. For Gravity Falls, though, the symbolism and easter eggs are much more menacing and intriguing.

Those who look closely will notice that even the characters have their own symbols. Dipper is represented by a tree, Mabel is stars, Soos is a question mark, and Grunkle Stan is a half moon. If you look in the opening credits, there's a page in the book with their symbols in a circle. Hints to their role in the ultimate plan? Plus, there are many more symbols to watch for - Mabel is fond of wearing shirts that garner odd imagery. In one episode, she wears a night gown with a floppy disk on it. A Floppy Disk? What does that represent, if anything? I wonder...

Triangle Man:

If you catch it in time, the opening credits reveals a page of the book and alchemy symbols, as well as symbols obviously representing the characters of the show - but who is the Triangle Man in the center of this world? What does the top hat and bow tie represent? Is the Triangle Man a person or an entire committee? Is Grunkle Stan the actual villain of the series? Is Wendy really just a minimum wage working teenage girl? And why doesn't she ever stumble on the supernatural, while Dipper and Mabel walk in to them time and time again?

The Goat:

Every time something odd happens in the episodes, the lone goat is shown outside the Mystery Shack eating or lurking around innocently. The goat with its beady eyes and one and a half horn seems innocuous, but there's a lot more to the goat than the series may be letting on. Conspiracy theorists on the net are insisting it's subtle satanic imagery, but I think it's going to be included in an important episode, soon. Perhaps it may help hold the key to what the Mystery Shack is. It surely isn't just some store.

The Time Traveler:

Before the episode "The Time Traveler's Pig" revealed the secret, if you carefully analyze every episode prior, you can spot the mysterious bald time traveler Blendin Blandin in key scenes, hidden among crowds or environment. He's very easy to miss, but he's always there. In "The Time Traveler's Pig" it's revealed he's a time traveler who loses his time machine to Dipper and Mabel. The pair go back and forth in time creating paradoxes, and Blendin is sentenced to prison and is forced to go back and correct the holes left by the brother and sister. Hence why he is visible in every episode before "The Time Traveler's Pig." He's fixing what they ruined. Who knows how severe Dipper and Mabel's paradoxes were and how they decided the future of Gravity Falls.

Mystery Shack/Grunkie Stan:

We're learning over the course of Gravity Fallsthat the Mystery Shack is not just some run down tourist trap in the town. There are many hidden elements to the shack that reveal it is much larger and complex than anyone realizes. Over the course of two seasons, two big rooms have been discovered behind wallpaper and in corners setting the stage for wax figures that take on a life of their own, and a carpet that can cause objects to switch personas thanks to static electricity. Who knows what other rooms are within the Mystery Shack? I imagine it's like the Tardis. Small on the outside, but humongous when you begin peeling back its layers.

~~~~~~~

A/N
Make sure to leave some recommendations you guys!!!