But maybe it's not.

That's when I find myself trailing him down the busy streets of Brooklyn. He was smiling brighter than the sun so it wasn't hard to find him. He was practically glowing. He twisted and turned and I kept a steady pace.

Where are you going Lightwood?

Maybe he really has to run a errand because there are no houses over here. Maybe he's meeting them at a store.

He suddenly stops which makes me jumps and looks at his phone for directions. Then he nods and walks directly into a jewelry store. I watch from the window cautiously. He points to something and I put a hand on my chest.

A ring.

I feel myself getting dizzy and I turn away. He's going to propose to whatever awful idiot he's cheating on me with.

Alec's POV

I was bounding back down the streets running into people all along the way. I think I was scaring some pedestrian but I don't care.

The ring was perfect. It was silver with an amber band around it that matched Magnus's eyes. On the inside it said Aku cinta kamu.

I hoped I spelled it right.

As the loft approached a took a deep shaky breath. This was it. Today was the day. I just had to get him to the institute. Then everything would be perfect. I walked slowly up the steps and pushed the door open. "Magnus?" I called out gunning a little. The living room was empty. So was the kitchen. I frowned and walked into our bedroom cautiously. "Magnus?"

He was gone.

I frantically searched the rooms as fast as I can but every trace of him is gone. His tea has gone cold.

He never let his tea go cold.

I whipped out my phone and punch in his number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Click

I cursed and looked at the phone. Someone hung up on me. I punch in Jace's next.

"Magnus is missing" I say before he can even speak.

"Oh hello to-"

"Jace Wayland did you hear me" I snap not in the mood for his tricks.

"Ok ok ok I heard yes ok. Where did you see him last?"

"On our couch like 30 minutes ago!" I'm close to sobbing.

"Ok Alec just come to the institute and we'll look for him."

Magnus's POV

I sat on the bench where I talked to that man. When I decided to tell Alec everything. Look how fabulously well that backfired on me. I felt so hurt a betrayed I didn't even notice the sun start to dip below the horizon. It was cold but I feel like maybe I deserve it? Maybe? Is this my fault? I don't think. Maybe I didn't hold on to him tightly enough. Maybe if I hadn't told him how much I needed him he wouldn't had been scared off. If I hadn't been so committed.

I didn't noticed the panting breaths by me until he spoke. "Magnus!"

I looked which was a mistake. I should have just ignored him completely.

Alec had his hand on his knees and his face was uncharacteristically red which made me cringe. He'd been running around looking for me. I turned away from him looking down. Those blue eyes could make me cry if I wasn't careful.

"Magnus..." his voice was so heartbrokenly sad I chanced another look. I instantly looked away with unshed tears.

"Aren't you off proposing?" I hissed acridly crossing my arms angrily. I was being childish. Dang.

"Wh-what?!" He says shocked. Pshh as if. He knows exactly what he did. And he's just playing innocent. Stupid boy looking so cute...

"You know idiot! You bought a ring!" I finally sob and swipe my eyes angrily. It was silent and I cursed myself angrily. I was right. I was so right. He was leaving me. I would have been ok with only being a side chick. I should have not said anything.

"Magnus Bane" he whispers and I cover my mouth trying not to cry out. "Did you ever think it might have been for you?"

My head snaps to him and I take a strangled gasp. He's on his knee and I stand up.

"Magnus Bane... What's your real name?"

"... Ade Hadasa..." My birth name. I've never told another soul in my entire lifetime but now seems appropriate.

He grins happily and looks up at me lovingly. "Ade Hadasa... Or My Magnus Bane. You have been the most prominent part of my life for years and I can't imagine a day... No I can... I can imagine a day without you and it breaks my heart. So I want you by my side until I draw my last breath. My greatest accomplishment will be to be your loyal husband for as long as I live. So please... Please I'm begging you to marry me..."

My fade is wet and my eyes are dripping and the only thing I came manage is a hasty vigorously nod. "Of course you idiot!" I sob as he takes my hand and slides a ring on. It's a sharp cold that I welcome happily. As well as the warm arms that are thrown around me.

"I had all this stuff planned out... But this seems better..." he whispered in my ear and I press my face to his shoulder happily

I'm actually getting married.

To a shadowhunter.

I still can't believe this is real and I'm actually going to forever be attached to this amazing man. I pull away to look at him his cheeks are wet too and I kiss away the fresh tear.

"I'm so sorry I was such a-"

"You were. But it doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that you haven't kissed me yet. I mean I just proposed"

I grin at his smirk and lean in to kiss him stupid.

Hello my babes! So I think I'll have a few more chapters but after that that's pretty much it. So enjoy my lovelies!!