Chapter 7

I woke up early the next morning, nuzzled into Daichi's chest.  His warmth was comforting, I wanted to stay like this forever.  I gripped his shirt and inhaled deeply before pulling away from his grasp slowly, careful not to wake him.  There was plenty of time before we needed to get ready, but I threw on a jumper and a pair of jeans and headed out to the store, leaving a note just in case.  I bought some supplies for breakfast and quickly headed back.  I walked through the door and set the bags down before heading back to my room.  I walked in to see Daichi still fast asleep.  I smiled and walked back towards him, climbing under the covers and cuddling into him.  He began to stir.  "Morning," I whispered.

He groaned softly and wrapped his arms around me.  I giggled as he pulled me into his chest.  I looked up to see him groggily staring back at me, a small smile on his lips.  He leaned down and kissed my forehead.  I felt the blush appearing on my cheeks and hid my face in his chest.  He laughed softly as he lifted his hand to caress my cheek.  His thumb rubbed my cheekbone lightly as I closed my eyes.  He sat up slowly and I followed.  I rested my head on his shoulder and hummed softly.  He looked down at me and started laughing softly.  I looked up and furrowed my brows, trying to look mad, but failing.  I stood up slowly and held my hand out.  "Want to help me make breakfast?"  I asked, smiling.

He took my hand and started to stand up.  "Sure, let me just get ready first."

I smiled softly and nodded my head.  I stood up and walked to the kitchen, laying out the ingredients.  Daichi walked out a few minutes later and kissed my cheek.  I blushed softly and smiled up at him.  "So, what are we making?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

'Well, I thought we could make some muffins and take them to practice for the team, and, you know eat them as well,"  I smiled softly as I took out a pan.

"Wow, Suga, you're such a mom," Daichi laughed.  I rolled my eyes and hit his arm lightly.  I took out a small recipe book until I found the one for chocolate chip muffins.  I smiled and started to follow nthe directions.  Daichi looked at me and made a sad face.

"What?" I asked softly, continuing to make the batter.

"You said I could help," he frowned.  I rolled my eyes again, and handed him an egg.

"Here, you crack the eggs and mix it in.  I'll make some breakfast for us," I smiled, pushing the bowl towards him.  He started to mix in the eggs and I started to make scrambled eggs and bacon.  After I finished, I looked over at Daichi who was standing there with nothing to do.  "Finished?"

He nodded his head and picked up the bowl.  I walked over and grabbed another spoon then handed it to him.  I picked up the other spoon and started to fill in the muffin pan.  "Fill them up about halfway."  We filled up the pan until we ran out of batter.  I placed the pan in the oven and set a timer.  I turned around to see Daichi smiling at me.  "What?"

"Nothing," he smiled back.  He walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.  "You're just cute."

I blushed deeply and wrapped my arms around his neck.  "Sh-shut up."  He laughed softly and kissed my forehead.  I rested my head on his chest lightly and closed my eyes.  Daichi started to sway them as they stood there.  I hummed softly and let him.  Before we knew it, the timer had gone off and the muffins were ready.  I sighed softly and broke away from Daichi, pulling on oven mitts and taking out the muffin pan.  I smiled softly and looked over at Daichi.  I checked the time and smiled softly.  "We still have quite a bit of time to kill, so, do you want to just relax a bit?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," Daichi smiled and took my hand as we walked back to the room.  He walked over to sit on my bed as I grabbed my uniform.  I took off my shirt and started to change.  I looked over to see Daichi giving me a look.  

"What?  It's not like you haven't seen me half naked before.  I mean, we change in front of each other every day," I said as I finished changing and walked over to sit next to him.  He scooted back against the wall so I could sit in front of him.  I sat between his legs and leaned back against him.  Daichi brought his hand up to play with my hair softly.  "What are we?"  I asked softly.

"What do you mean?"  Daichi asked softly, shifting so that we were facing each other.

"I mean, we aren't boyfriends, at least not yet, but we're more than friends, right?" I asked as I looked into his eyes.  I bit my lip softly and grabbed his hand, seeing the confusion in his eyes.  "I don't want to put a label on us, we don't have to, but I just, I'm confused, too."

Daichi smiled softly and pulled me into a hug.  "Well, if I ask you out, does that mean we're dating?"

"Only if I say yes," I teased and wrapped my arms around him.

"So, what do you say?  We can go on a picnic this Saturday, if you want to," he whispered.

"Hmmm, I'll have to think about it," I smiled softly.  He pouted softly and looked up at me.  I smiled brighter and kissed his cheek.  "I would love to."  He smiled up at me and shifted, returning to our previous position.  I leaned back and rested my head on his chest.  "Let's not tell the team for now."

"Yeah, that'd probably be best," Daichi said softly.He pressed his lips against the top of my head before checking the time.  "Let's go eat."  I smiled and stood up, taking Daichi's hand.  We walked to the table and I brought two plates of food along with two muffins.  I set the plates down and took my seat.  I started to eat slowly.

"How's the muffin?"  I asked, finishing up the food on my plate before reaching for my muffin.  Daichi finished eating and looked up at me.

"Delicious," he smiled, giving me a thumbs up.  I laughed and rolled my eyes.  I stood and started to clean up.  I washed the dishes then packed the muffins into a container to take for the team.  I put the container in my bag and started to pack the rest of my things.  Daichi was ready to go, waiting for me by the door.  He held the door open for me and  smiled.  I smiled back gratefully.  He took my hand as we walked.  We walked in comfortable silence until we were a few minutes away from school.  I let go of Daichi's hand and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry, it's just to be safe," I said softly.

"It's okay, we wouldn't want to risk the team finding out, right?" He smiled softly.  I smiled back and nodded.  We reached the school grounds and walked to class, continuing the day as ususal.

(I'm so sorry I haven't updated very often.  I'm definitely not updating as frequently as I would like to, but it seems like my creativity and desire to write come in waves.  There's been quite a bit happening, especially in the last few days, but I think I'm going to start writing more often.  I know this chapter was kind of slow, so sorry, but there's still quite a bit that's going to happen.  I'm also thinking of writing another fanfic, so if you have any requests, let me know.  Also, do you guys want more from Daichi's POV??? ~ katiegirl745)