Chapter 5

I hopped in the shower as soon as we got home.  There were currently two things I was trying to hide, that is, my shoulder and my feelings for Daichi.  The pain came at the most random times, in the middle of a set, during a test, times that I really wished it wouldn't.  My feelings, however, were constantly on my mind.  Daichi was in the same class as me, in the same club, and, at the moment, was staying at my house.  As I washed my hair, I kept thinking of the dream I had the night before.  If that keeps happening, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to last.  I got out of the shower, drying off my body.  I threw on a white shirt and sweatpants.  I walked back to my room, Daichi was finishing up his book.  He looked up as I walked to my bed.  "Hey Suga, you okay?" he asked, turning the last page of the book and placing it back in his bag.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"  I thought I had done a pretty good job of hiding things, did he somehow find out?

"No reason, it's just, you haven't really said much since we talked to Nishinoya.  I just don't want that to bother you, you said it yourself, everything will work out," he said, standing up to walk towards me.  He sat next to me on my bed.  Whenever he was going to talk about something serious, he always did this, sat next to the person so he could look them in the eyes.

"I just, well, I don't know.  I know Noya still loves volleyball, but Asahi was so broken after-"

"Suga, I feel like we've switched roles," he laughed.  "You know they'll come back, once Asahi sees them he won't be able to resist.  We just need to somehow get him there.  Everything will be fine.  Look, I promise I'll do everything I can for the benefit of the team.  Okay?"

I looked up at him and smiled.  He always knew how to make me feel better, even if it was just reassurance.  "Okay," I nodded.

"Good, now, can the happy, optimistic Suga come back?  I miss him," he said, smiling before standing up.  I followed him up and wrapped my arms around him.  

"Thank you," I whispered as he brought his hands up to my back.  I let go after a few seconds and fell back on my bed.  "Well, it's been a long day, so I think I'm going to get some shut eye,"  I said before pulling the covers over my shoulder.  

---

I walked over to Daichi, who was sitting on a park bench.  He looked up at me and started crying.  I knelt down in front of him, wrapping my arms around him and rubbing his back.  "Hey, shh, it's okay.  I'm right here.  I promised I would never leave, didn't I?"  I pulled away to look at his eyes.  "I love you, Daichi. I always have and I always will."  I lifted his chin up with my finger and kissed him lightly on the lips.  

"I love you, too, Suga," he whispered through the sobs that were escaping his mouth.  We walked hand in hand back to my house.  I sat on my bed, him following, and kissed him again, this time, more passionately.  He kissed back, our lips moving together in rhythm.  He swiped his tongue across my bottom lip, I obliged, opening my mouth, allowing him to deepen the kiss. We stayed like that for a few moments before he pushed me back on the bed.  Suddenly, there was a loud ringing.  I closed my eyes, in hopes the sound would stop.

---

I woke up to my alarm going off.  I sat up to turn it off and got up to get ready for another day.  As I stood up, I noticed Daichi was gone.  I checked the bathroom, kitchen, and living room, but no sign of him.  I started to worry and called his phone.  I heard the ringing come from my room and realized he left his phone here.  As I started to panic, I heard the front door open.  I walked out to see Daichi taking off his shoes.  "What the heck, man?  You got me really worried," I said, pushing his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Suga.  I just woke up early and decided to go for a run."

"Well, next time, take your phone with you," I said, walking back to my room to get ready.  I pulled on my uniform and fixed my hair.  Daichi was still getting ready, so I decided to make breakfast.  I didn't really feel like much, so I poured myself a bowl of cereal and made some french toast.  Daichi walked out and took the seat next to me.  "Hungry?"