"Ty's looking for me?" I nodded and answered yes again. "Yay! Where is he? Take me to my brother!"

But that was the thing. I really couldn't take her to him, because I didn't know if he was still at the warehouse, or if he was roaming the city like me. "I don't...I..." I looked at her, and it looked like she was about to explode into another wave of tears. Like, she was on a tight rope, and finding her brother would keep her on it, and loosing her would mean just falling off that rope. I sighed and hugged her tighter. "Yeah I'll try and find him for you."

"Thank you! Thank you!" She wrapped her small arms around my neck. 

"Okay. I'm looking for someone too. Can you help me?" She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder. I stepped out if the front doors and the screams got louder and the sound of breaking glass rung in my ears.

 Blood covered the streets, and cars were flipped over, people hiding inside of them. Fires ran wild through the city, setting the tops of sky scrapers on fire, making them look like matches. People ran in terror, not crammed in corners like how they were the day before.

Children-no orphans-ran in the streets, wailing out for their mothers, holding random items from their homes. Shoes, ripped teddy bears, blankets, anything a small child would consider his comfort item. Lots of teens were stopping random adults, crying, asking questions, trying to stay with them. I even saw elderly people sitting or leaning on cars, shaking, crying helplessly. They couldn't run, they could only walk and for a short distance before they got tired, or something started to hurt them.

It was just total chaos. It was like something out of a movie. It just didn't look as real as it was. Sierra started crying again, and all I could do was rub her back and keep walking.

How can I find you in all of this, Carmen? I thought. Why can't I find you? I heard the sound of terrified screaming behind me, and I turned around.

It was a pitch black, oval shaped hovering...thing that had these four huge metal clamps on it, snapping at the people it was chasing. It had two people already, who were screaming madly, trying to grab at the people under them. My feet went cold, and I put Sierra down.

"Can you run?" I asked. She nodded, and I grabbed her hand and we took off. But she was three. She couldn't run as fast as I could. I started to reach down to pick her up, but I saw a huge crack in the concrete sidewalk.

I could see it clearly, but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t move because I was squished between everybody running in terror. I tried to dodge it, but my ankle got caught in the crack and I fell.

Everybody passed me up, and I scrambled to get up. But the cold metal clamps of the thing wrapped around my waist. I screamed and held onto the broken concrete. It was ripping my skin, and I hands were getting cut by the shards of tiny glass and the rough sidewalk. It kept pulling me and pulling me, but I held on. I felt my figers slip and I screamed. I was scared. Fear ran through my veins thicker than blood, and filled my head like a awful dream.

I clenched my eyes shut from the pain, and tried to hold on. "Come on mister!" I heard. I opened my eyes and saw Sierra crying and reaching up to me. "Don't let it get you!"

"Sierra get out of here!" I tried to get my other hand on the sidewalk again, but my other hand slipped. I was gone. I was gonna die. I grabbed out for anything as I was lifted into the air.

I heard the scream of a tiny girl, and realized I has Sierra in my hands. She was kicking and screaming and crying. I cursed at myself and thought about letting her go, but we were now way over the tallest buildings of Chicago, and nowhere near the ground. If I dropped her, she'd be dead.

I brought her close to my chest and held onto her tightly as I looked down. We were way above anything. I could see the different patches of farms, a few houses, and a lot of cars heading to this huge domw thing that I didn't even know exsisted.

My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it over the wind ripping t my skin. My thraot was dry, and I couldn't do anything about it. I was scared, and there was nothing I could do. I promised Ty I'd keep his sister safe, and I just signed her life over to these things.

I looked foreward and saw that we headed straight for this huge floating saucer. Just like in the movies. Except it was white, and had huge window panels around the top of it.

I looked around as the wind cut at my skin. There were a lot more of these things flying to it, with more people in their grasps. Some had two, and some had four. But they all had terrifyed people in their death grip.

We were getting closer to that thing as an alarming rate, and I squeezed Sierra tighter than I already had been. People were being dropped into the huge saucer and the robot thing were off to terrorize more people.

The window pannel opened, and the thing let me go, dropping Sierra and I into this net-like thing. And then...nothing. Nothing happened. I was relieved and relaxed as much as I could.

"I'm sorry," I told Sierra, as I pulled her away from me slightly. "I didn't mean to grab you like that." But I did tell her to move. "Can you forgive me?" She wiped her eyes and nodded.

More people were dropped into the net, crying, screaming, banging on the walls, trying to find a way out. "Help! Help us!" It was hopeless, and I hoped they knew that. I hoped we all knew it. We were going to die. And that was the one and only truth I knew.