1| New Student

Your POV

I woke up to the repulsive sound of my alarm clock beeping. I groaned and curled up in my blankets, hoping that it would eventually stop. It never did. I clicked the button to turn off the alarm but nothing happened.

"Shut up!" I growled, smacking the top of the clock. It was finally silenced. "Thank god," I muttered while falling back into my pillows in hopes
that I could go back to sleep.

"Meow!"

I tried to ignore it.

"Meow!"

"Meeeeeoooowwww!"

"Nooooooo" I moaned into my pillow.

My cat Mo jumped on my bed, knowing her meows wouldn't work this time. She crawled up to my head and place a paw on my face. I opened one eye at her. She lifted her other paw and tapped my face once more. This was her unique way of waking me up.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Is more sleep too much to ask for?"

I slumped out of bed like a zombie and trudged into my bathroom to start my morning routine. I changed out of my pajamas and into my standard school uniform. I threw a sweater over my shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. I had dark, navy blue hair that rolled down past my waste and a scrawny build. I was shorter than most people and I looked pretty slim. I was just another girl. But there was just one thing about me that made me different. That made other people think I'm a freak.

My eyes were two different colors. It has been that way since I was born. I couldn't do anything about it. So why did everyone hate me for it? It wasn't my fault that I was born like this. I didn't do anything wrong.

I sighed and styled my hair so it covered my right eye. The one that was red. Covering my eye didn't change anything, but bullying was less common when people couldn't see what made me different from everyone else.

I walked out of my bathroom and into my kitchen. After pouring myself some cereal, I refilled Mo's food bowl. When I was done, I said goodbye to Mo, reminding her to be quiet so the landlord doesn't catch her, and headed off to school.

✿❀✿❀✿

I walked to school everyday. I took my normal route, along the river bank and down the hill. My best friend, my only friend, greeted me in the school yard. Her pink hair, curled down to her shoulders and her perfect figure made her look like a model.

"Hi (Y/N)!" My friend said in a singsong voice. She was the most cheerful and outgoing person I knew.

"Hey Leah," I smiled happilly. 

We walked into the main building and headed to class. We had to push our way through the crowded hallways. I stopped at my locker to get my books. Opening my locker door, some papers flew down. I reached down to pick them up and instantly threw them away. I knew what most of them were gonna say anyway. Just the usual "Freak" and "Stupid." Sometimes the occasional "Go kill yourself."

"People are such jerks." I said venting to my friend.

"Some people are okay." Leah said considerately. "For example, the new student that we are supposed to get today."

I smiled at her. She was always so outgoing and kind. We were practical opposites.  I was rather timid when it came around to meeting new people. "You wanna make new friends don't you?"

She nodded vigorously. 

I sighed. "You know I'm shy. I don't mix with people."

"You mix with me!" She said desperately. "Plus I'm the welcoming committee so I have to meet them. I just heard that he is supposed to be super  super cute and I want you to meet him."

"Leah, we don't have a welcoming committee at this school," I argued. She gave me her big puppy dog eyes and I finally gave in. "But if you really want to, then we can go ahead."

She jumped and cheered.

Sometimes I wonder why she still hangs out with me. The first time she ever talked to me was out of pity. She was so likable and so pretty that she could easily live a happy, popular life without me.

✿❀✿❀✿

I took my seat in my first period class, algebra. It was the dullest class in the world and I hate the teacher with passion. He was a tall man and the kind of person who tries to be funny but wasn't. He assigned homework every night and had high standards fir his students. Most kids called him the hitler of our school. He had an unusual grin on his face, this either meant a pop quiz or he had some news to share.

He began class with his boring announcements like every other day. I zoned out like I normally would but not enough to miss his last announcement.

"Today we will be having a new student." He said clearing his voice. I snapped out of my daze as the new student opened the door. "This is Kurapika. He will be in our class for the rest of the year."

Kurapika had blonde hair and a muscular build. He was very handsome and way out of my league. I already heard the popular girls whispering about how cute he is. I also noticed some of the guys in the class were getting jealous of how the girls were already attached to him, saying that he looked like a girl.

He took the seat behind me and I got a fluttering feeling inside me. I always got nervous when around people so I tried to ignore the feeling. But there was something different about him that I couldn't help but stare.

Something about him seemed so familiar.

His eyes met mine and I quickly looked away, blushing. There is no way that we ever met before. I would've remembered a face like his.

The fluttering feeling from earlier changed. It was a weird feeling and it was hard to describe with words.

What is this feeling?

◎✿❀✿❀✿◎✿❀✿❀✿◎✿❀✿❀
Author's Note:

Hello you beautiful creatures!!

Welcome to the first chapter of  my new book, Behind Your Eyes! This is my first Kurapika X Reader so I'm sorry if it's bad.

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️Lena out!🍉