"I have a small boat by the shore, use it." He suddenly said and I rose my eyebrows.

"No thanks."

"Why not?"

I gave him a deadpanned look. "I need to get out of here on my own, I don't want any help - especially from someone who threw me out of the only proper house to live in." Just then my stomach growled and I glared at him once again. "Can you move, my food is getting cold." I moved around him and sat down in front of my food.

As I began to tuck in he started rummaging in the fridge. "I don't like having visitors over." He randomly said.

"I'm not exactly a visitor, seeing as I'm not here to meet you." I said, my mouth full of food. "Who are you anyway?" I asked.

I heard him let out a short breath - probably in annoyance like many people. "My name is Dracule Mihawk though I am sometimes called 'Hawk-Eye'." I snorted at that.

"Why do some people call you Hawk-Eye?"

"Because of my eyes." He simply said.

"That's a dumb reason." Was my automatic response. "It'll be like calling me and my brother the 'Curly-Haired Siblings'. I see no point in giving someone a random nickname just because of their appearance...though your eyes are a bit strange." I decided after some thinking. I shrugged and continued eating. "Oh well, nothing you can change."

There was silence - except for the scraping of my knife and fork - after that. I don't know what he was doing behind me but I couldn't hear any movement...or any breathing, in fact...he's been quite for quite a while now...

I turned around to only be met with the emptiness of the kitchen. The guy - I mean, Mikawk - must have left while I was talking. Rude. "Hmpf!" I grumbled before finishing my food.

*****

I sighed as I looked up at the extremely high ceiling. I was in a living room, laying on a red sofa. It was incredibly soft and relaxing but yet my nerves could not relax one bit. I hadn't seen or heard from that guy - I give up trying to use his name - since the kitchen encounter.

I rolled over on my stomach and frowned. "I don't know what to do..." I mumbled. Without having anything to do or anything planned, I go really crazy. I need something to keep me occupied. I need to have a plan. Otherwise I'm like a lazy squid. Just floppy. Floppy, floppy, floppy.

"Hm..." I racked my brain for anything on this dull island that I could do. There were giant baboons who seemed to only have fighting on their minds. I don't need to harvest any fruits or vegetables, I did that yesterday. I've given up exploring this castle after getting to the second floor-

My eyes widened. I remembered the vision I had when I got to this island. Somewhere in this castle there's a very expensive necklace. That necklace would come in handy the next town I arrive in.

"To adventure!" I shouted, jumping off the couch with my fist in the air.

I ran out of the huge room and started searching the corridors for a door with the family's crest on it; a cross over a rose with no stem. Oh, and maybe a key, if my vision was right.

Somewhere along one of the corridors there was a suit of armour with a shield and a giant stick thing. "What's it called again? Hm...oh, yeah: a Lance!" I said, remembering what those weapons were called. I examined the armour and saw how the pieces weren't really connected together, so it would be easy to take it apart. 

I smiled when an idea came to my head. I took off the helmet and saw that it was one of the helmets where there was a flap that I could move up and down. I stuck it on my head and laughed, listening to the echo it created.

"Woo!" The sound vibrated in the helmet and made my head feel tingly. I like it. "WOO!" Laughing some more I picked up the lance and noted that it was quite heavy. I decreased the weight and held it up in the air. "Onward!" I cried before running down the hallways, waving the lance around...and knocking down a few portraits and vases along the way.

*****

"Ugh..." I groaned, lying on my back. My legs were sore and I'm sure I've got a few bruises from accidentally hitting myself with the stick...uh pole...uh lance!

I've noticed a few things on my trek around the castle.

1: This castle is so big that I'm sure the people who lived here themselves got lost all the time.

2: Knocking things down isn't good seeing as how I will probably have to clean it up.

3: Lying down with a piece of metal on your head is not at all comfortable.

I sighed and just stayed lying on the floor, it's the only comfortable thing near me. So rough and...ground-ish. I let the flap from the helmet slam down, the sound vibrating painfully in my ears, and closed my eyes. The floor will be my bed for the night it seems.

After a few minutes of trying to drift off into sleep I heard footsteps coming my way. Because of my lazy state I couldn't be bothered to guess who it was or look up and see. I just kept my eyes closed and stayed still.

The footsteps stopped next to me. I felt someone poking my arm then lightly knocking on my helmet. I silently prayed that whoever it was would stop and leave me alone to sleep in peace and wallow in my shame. I couldn't fulfil my objective. Not just that, I couldn't fulfil both objectives that I've set for myself. It's very rare that I can't complete my self-objectives. I need my objectives both to keep myself occupied and to help myself grow in strength and knowledge and patien-

Suddenly, my helmet got taken off my head and I was pulled up by my arm. "Hey!" I yelled, glaring at the man who was still holding my by the arm. "I was thinking, you can't just interrupt someone when they're thinking!"

He raised an eyebrow. "You lay on the floor while you think?"

"...Yes, I do! And I don't appreciate being interrupted doing so!" Oh, my gosh, I sound stupid...

"Mm-hm." He said. "That's nice and all but you lying on the floor is an eyesore." My mouth popped open. "So I would appreciate it if you did it elsewhere."

"I'm not leaving!" I tore away my arm from his grip and snatched the helmet from his other hand. "You can say all you like that this your house and all, but I'm not leaving unless I find a way off this island by myself!" With that, I turned and walked off, leaving him standing there. Hmpf! That told him!

 "You do know that if you keep going that way, there's a dead end." His voice rang out through the hallway and I froze in my step.

"I know that, that's where I want to go!" I ignored his chuckle and carried on walking. "Yeah, you keep on laughing but I'll have the last laugh when I get off this island and all I see is your face getting smaller and smaller into the distance!" I shouted behind me but heard no response. I sighed. "He left while I was talking again, didn't he...?" I asked in defeat. "So rude." I mumbled and carried on walking to who-knows-where.