Chapter 3

Artimas crouched low behind the snow covered hill. He heart was racing and her hands and face burned with a cold fire. Her bow was strung with a special arrow, it had a canister attached to it that burst on impact, releasing a noxious gas, with a smell that rivaled the boys locker room at her school.

She was completely still, listening to her surroundings, alert and prepared for anything.

"Soooooo, howmuchlonger?" Wally asked, speaking so fast, that Artimas could barely hear him. She turned and glared at him, a finger to her lips. He nodded, but still figited. Five minutes later, she couldn't take anymore.
"Fine! Go scout the area, Baywatch, and don't get caught!" She hissed at the annoying speedster. With a flash, he was gone.

Across the yard, Robin and Zatanna were discussing the best method of attack.

"All right, Zee, you go around that line of trees, and if you follow it for a few minutes, you should come around from their back. I'll distract the two, and you attack. Kay?" Robin planned, pointing at the map of the mountain. Zatanna nodded, and set off, an evil smile on her face.

"Found them!" Miss Martian said triumphantly. "Wally is running around, Artimas is behind that small rise, and Robin and Zatanna are near the tree line."

"Good work, M'gaan." Connor grunted, intent on the growing pile of snowballs in front of him.

"I could shift into a bird, and find out what they're doing?" M'gaan asked, trying to get Connor to participate. He paused and looked at her.
"M'gaan, you've done enough. C'mon, we can circle behind them, and attack with these," He gestured to the balls of snow. M'gaan's face split into a grin, and she grabbed a load, growing extra arms when needed. As they left, Connor didn't fail to see the adoring look she gave him, which he returned with a smile. Kissing her on the nose, he bent down and ran to the nearest cover.

Where was Kalder? Well, at this time, he was watching from the mountain's front door. He shook his head as he spotted Connor make a break for it, presumably with M'gaan following in camouflage mode.

Kalder settled in the Lotus position and closed his eyes,  his senses on high alert,  ready to intervene if necessary.
"What is the team doing?" Came a robotic voice from the cave. Red Tornado. The android came out and stood next to Aqualad. The teen climbed to his feet with grace and replied to the question.

"I believe it is called a 'snowball fight,' " he said with doubt.
"All though they have mostly been sneaking around and making plans of attack." He admitted. Red stared out to the battle field. "Not for long, it seems."

"Hey lovers! Stop making out and try get me!" Robin's taunting voice echoed out in the silence. This comment was met with a furious scream from Artimas.

"You little pig! That's disgusting! Me and Baywatch? In your dreams, Boy Blunder!" She yelled to Robin, her voice filled with anger. But her next words were interrupted Zatanna's yell of;
"Attack!"

Robin peeked over. Artimas was neck deep in snow, and it seems,  Wally had been caught in it. But it wouldn't last long. Kid Flash was already melting the snow with the friction cause by his superspeed. Rob and Zatanna were laughing their heads off at the look on Artimas's face, when the both were nailed in the head with snowballs thrown by the half Kryptonian. There was a split second of identical suprise of their faces, before the were knocked down by the blow.

M'gaan and Connor rounded the corner and continued to pelt snowballs at the Magician and the bird in revenge for the first snow dump.

In the chaos the couple had caused, Wally had freed himself and Artimas, and were currently putting on gas masks. Artimas nodded at Kid, and fired the arrow into the fray. The second the gas arrow left the bow, they took off at a run, not wanting to be there when Superboy smelt the noxious fumes.

As they were running, the shrieks  of disgust followed them. Laughing hysterically and out of breath, Wally lead Artimas up the side of the mountain into a small hollow, where they could see the beach, their war zone, and even the town from.

The pair's laughter slowly disappeared and left a companionable silence. Even from half way up the mountain, Connor's yells of anger could be heard. The war was not over yet.

¤------¤

Thanks for reading!
Kisses, Rockabibalee123 ❤