Chapter 10

A/N Sorry for not updating. School is been very busy. I am going to go back and add pictures to all the chapters - don't think I'm changing the actual text or anything. Also, I've been getting a brain fart as I have no idea what to do next. Yay! (Sarcasm) Now to the story.

Our first  class is potions which is in the dungeons. Apparently, this is also where the Slytherin dorm is. I don't think I have ever envied them because of the dungeons. They are super creepy with strange shadows hopping around on the wall and the stones that make up the walls are damp. 

"Hey guys? Does anyone else feel like they're being watched?" I ask my friends as I look around but see no one.

"No, maybe it's just your imagination. It is quite creepy down here." Hermione reasons. We enter the potions classroom and take a seat. It appears that we will be going to potion class with the Slytherin. I don't hate them but they aren't that pleasant though it seems that Harry and the blond haired kid from Slytherin do hate each other. I never got his name.

Since we are still waiting for the teacher to come in, I ask Harry.

"Harry." I say to get his attention. "You know that blond kid in Slytherin that looks like you seem to despise, well, what's his name?"

"Draco Malfoy. Apparently, his father is some hot shot in the Ministry of Magic." Harry replies.

"What's the Ministry of Magic?" I question. 

"It is the government that rules the wizards." Harry replies. Man, it seems that I know nothing of the wizarding world.

I can teach you

"Teach me what?" I question Harry.

"Huh? I didn't say anything. Are you alright?"

"Ya, ya, I'm fine." Once I say that, the teacher, Professor Snape comes in. He starts talking but i don't really pay attention as he is droning on and on about simmering frog warts or something.

Pay attention, you must learn in order to grow powerful 

I hear the voice again and this time I don't say anything aloud. If Harry didn't hear the voice then that must mean it is in my head.

Who are you? I think in my head.

Someone you know well and who will guide you

That's nice but it is weird how you can get in my head, how did you do that?

Magic  Usually when someone said that you would ask 'No, how did you really do it' but I'm a freakin wizard, magic is real.

"Analiese Wells. Pay attention in my class." Professor Snape calls while hitting me on the head with a random book.

"Yes, sir." I tell him and I don't hear the voice in my head anymore. 

"Today, we will be making a simple cure for boils. The instruction are on the board. Begin." I see the instructions and grab my potions book. I start to make the potion.

I managed to finish my potion before the time given. It was supposed to take 40 minutes but I took 30. I did cheat a bit as I had help from the voice in my head who told how to do things differently that were not in the book. For some reason, the instructions the voice gave me made everything easier.

Of course they were correct. I was the smartest in my class when I went to Hogwarts  Me and my friends were heading to our next class but once I heard that, I was startled. 

"Are you okay Ana?" Ron asks. I just wave them off.

"Ya I'm fine." Ron and Harry continue on, accepting my words but Hermione still looks suspicious.

You went to Hogwarts?

Yes, I did

What's your name?

Call me Tom

Cool I stopped talking to him as we reached our next class. The day went by rather quickly and we all went to our dorms. 

Sitting around the fire, we all started to talk about stuff.

"Hey Ana, you have kind of been distracted lately, is something bugging you?" Hermione asks. I thought about it a bit and decided to tell them about Tom.

"Well, there is something. You see I have a-" 

No! Don't tell them about me?

Why not, they are my friends?

Yes, but they will tell Dumbledore and I can not have him knowing about me

But Dumbledore is trustworthy

No he is not. He will kill you because you know me

What?!! Really?

Yes, you trust me right?

Yea

Well, stay away from Dumbledore he is a dangerous man

Okay

"Actually, never mind." I say and head up to my room to go to sleep.

Hermione's POV

"She's hiding something." I tell them.

"Maybe it's a family issue." Ron suggests. Idiot.

"She's an orphan and never knew her family," I said. Both Harry and Ron look at me. "I had a free period. What else was I supposed to do? I may have known her for only a day but she seems like a best friend to me." 

"Wow, you're weird. Anything else you know?" Ron asks.

"Guys! Shouldn't we stay out of her personal life?"

"But what if her parents were Death Eaters or something." Ron questions.

"Listen." I interrupt. "She arrived at the orphanage when she was just a baby. Apparently, her mother was in terrible condition and seemed panicked. I think she may have been hunted by someone. Maybe a Death Eater." Both Harry and Ron were wide eyed.

"Poor girl." Ron says.

"Yes, and that is why we should leave her alone." Harry remarks.

"We will, but if she is hiding something, we will find out what it is."