It's Time we Saw a Miracle

One step, two steps, then another. Pietro had to narrow his focus in on something--anything--that could keep his mind off the danger they were all in. Without a doubt, Vitaliya would know they were coming; there was no way she wouldn't. If Roman had sent the information to them, there was no way he could avoid detection, therefore Vitaliya knew.

"ETA?" Steve asked the pilot.

"Half an hour, sir," the pilot replied.

To Pietro that meant half an hour of overthinking. Not only that, but he didn't have his sister or Nadia with him. He didn't know the rest of the Avengers well enough to open up some sort of conversation. Sure, he would joke around with them and have small talk, but it wasn't the same as a deep discussion. He'd probably grow closer to them later but currently he was faced with himself.

And all he felt was dread. Dread for the upcoming battle and even worry for Roman. Roman wasn't a traitor after all. Roman had lied to Pietro and Nadia for a purpose, not for self gain. He was on their side, yet he'd most likely die with only two people believing he was good. Nadia was going to be devastated.

Pietro almost didn't want to go, but he had to. If not for himself, then for Natasha, who got mixed up in Vitaliya's plot. Or Roman who tried to do the right thing. And especially for Wanda and Nadia who were in danger every minute Vitaliya was allowed to carry on.

But Vitaliya wouldn't be the largest threat. She was just an ordinary woman. No, the real threat was the same man who took out Natasha and almost took out Pietro. Thankfully, Steve, Sam and Clint were there to back Pietro up. The Romanian man wouldn't be getting away this time.

-

Roman hurriedly undid the constraints on Natasha's wrists. Not that she needed them; she was only half conscious and murmuring words in Russian.

Roman gripped her face and shook her gently.

"Romanoff!" Roman called desperately.

Natasha looked him dead in the eyes and muttered something incoherent.

"Listen to me. Stay still, I'm going to help you."

Natasha nodded slightly then stopped moving.

Roman produced a syringe from his pocket then grabbed Natasha's arm firmly. "Stay still," he told her.

Shakily, he tried to find a vein in her arm. He was never the best at anything to do with the human body, which is why he became a politician. He certainly wasn't expecting his job to entail sticking needles in the arms of superheroes. But he supposed that's where he was in life currently.

Roman chose a spot on her arm and pressed down on the syringe, praying to God he found the right place.

He was on a bit of a time limit. Vitaliya's guards could find out any minute, so he had to leave immediately. And he'd be damned if he wasn't taking Romanoff with him.

"Come on..." He muttered. When Vitaliya found out he'd stolen the cure from her lab, she'd be furious.

Roman watched as Natsha's eyes blinked rapidly and consciousness seemingly came back to her slowly. Her body was less slack and she had stopped murmuring, so at least something was happening.

Natasha gasped then turned her gaze to Roman who was standing in front of her. Hate took over her expression before she realized her hands were no longer bound to the metal chair. Was he there to help her? Maybe she had misjudged him after all.

"What happened?" She croaked out. She must've not had water in a long time, possibly a day, Roman realized.

"We're getting out of here, come with me," Roman said urgently.