Someone's Washed Out Dream

It had been hours since Roman came home and Nadia had gone to her room. Pietro had continued to read his novel, but eventually got tired and decided enough was enough.

It was 5:00 and one of the two of them needed to get up or he would go crazy. Pietro was done waiting for Nadia, he was well aware she was hiding from her problems rather than dealing with them.

Pietro knocked on her door quietly, not wanting to wake up Roman. "Nadia, we need to have supper and you need to deal with your situation," he said.

Nadia opened the door slightly, "I'll be out in a little bit," she told him, then closed the door loudly.

Pietro noticed her dark hair was messy, as though she had been tossing and turning, her eyes were slightly red. Clearly she had been crying. He felt slightly bad for being unsympathetic, but he also knew from that hiding from problems changed nothing.

Finally, Nadia quietly stepped out of her door, making her way to the kitchen.

"I think I have to go out for groceries," she told Pietro.

"Then let's go," he said.

Nadia shook her head. "How are you supposed to help with groceries with an injured wrist? Not only that, but nobody can see you, there's an entire city on lockdown because of you."

Pietro sighed. He knew that he had to stay in the apartment, but it certainly didn't mean he liked it.

"I think we need to make a plan to get out of the city, sometime," he suggested. "Also, my wrist is much better already."

"Really?" Nadia asked, confused. "Let me see your wrist, it's only been two days, there's no way."

Pietro held out his injured arm for her to see. She rolled up his sleeve, noticing the swelling present two days ago was nearly gone.

"Okay I'm going to put some pressure on it, tell me if it hurts." Nadia said.

Pietro nodded, then Nadia proceeded to put pressure on his wrist. Pietro made no response to her.

"How the hell did it heal that fast? It takes weeks for sprains to heal, even minor ones," she said, somewhat in awe.

Pietro shrugged. "It could be part of my abilities."

"It has to be, because that's not normal," she replied. "I guess your wrist is nearly healed now, just leave it be for another day or two and it'll probably heal completely."

Pietro smiled. Of all people he could have ran into on the street, it was her. He had a major stroke of luck, for once in his life, even if he was stuck in the city, away from his twin.

He went to take a seat on the couch, but was interrupted.

"Pietro?"

"What?" He asked.

"Would you like to go eat at the café that's on this block? The lady that works there thinks that all the stuff our government says is bullshit, she's kinda my friend. Also, I don't think much people would want to go out for dinner in this weather," she said, noting the howling wind outside.

"Alright," he said, more than happy to leave the apartment.

Nadia smiled for the first time that day. "Great, just grab one of Roman's hundreds of jackets."

-

It was the time of night when nearly all SHIELD agents were either asleep, deep into their work or out on missions.

Wanda knew the facility's night routine well, as she had spent countless nights aimlessly wandering around.

Her night terrors somewhat payed off, because now they were helping her escape. It wasn't that she was held prisoner at SHIELD, it was more that they didn't trust her. She could come and go anytime, but right now she was being watched more closely, thanks to the recent news starring her brother.