Make You Feel My Love

Start from the beginning

We pull up outside a really tall building and a man in a valet attendant uniform opens the door for me and helps me out. Ashley gets out of the driver side as the man gets into the car and drives off in it. She pulls me into the building.

We travel up 27 floors and exit the elevator. I see the sign on the doors and realize where we are.

“Seriously?” I asks, barely able to hold in my excitement.

“Seriously.” She smiles as we go through the double doors that have Epic Records on them.

“...and this is the studio.” She finishes her sentence opening the door to a room filled with a million buttons and other professional looking thingys and oooooh pretty mic. I get distracted by the gold glittery mic resting on the mic stand in the booth. Ashley noticed. “You wanna touch it, Spence?” I side-eye her. “The mic, I mean.” She smiles and grabs my hand pulling me into the booth. “Sit.” She instructs me, pointing to a chair in the corner. She grabs a stool and sits down in front of the piano.

“Ashley?” I question.

“Can I play you something?” She asks, smiling at me. How could I say no?

I shook my head and she began to play.

When the rain is blowing in your face.

And the whole world is on your case.

I could offer you a warm embrace.

To make you feel my love.

She played and sang so effortlessly. I got lost in her words—loving every minute of it.

When the even shadows and the stars appear.

And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,

She sang then glanced up at me and smiled—continuing.

But I would never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
Though winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love.

She finished singing and I wanted to say something—anything. But my mouth wouldn't open.

“You didn't like it, did you?” She stands up, rushing over to me, getting down on her knees.

“Did you write that?” I ask, suddenly able to speak again.

“Yeah, last night actually.” She answers with a smile.

“It's amazing.” I say truthfully, putting my hand on her shoulder.

“Well, I had great inspiration.” She said standing up, pulling me up with her. “Spencer, I--”

“Did you write that for me?” I interrupt her. We're really close now, dangerously close. I can feel her breath on my ear as she whisper a husky yeah.

“I know that we've only known each other for a couple months and we don't know what this is that's happening between us but I know that I like you Spencer, and I mean every single lyric I sang to you.” I wanna kiss her—more than I had wanted to the first time. I shouldn't. At least not until I have that talk with Aiden.