23

"Nice of you guys to finally show up," I pointed out curtly boarding the quinjet. I brushed past Clint, Natasha and Steve who were trying to process everything that was going on. New York never looked so bad. People were everywhere scared, hurt and chaotic. The buildings were falling, things were getting destroyed.

I quickly walked to the part of the with weapons. It was a small selection, mostly hand guns, a couple knives, some ammunition, a grenade or two, and that was just about it. I took it all. I stuffed it where I could in my uniform knowing I'd need it all.

"Come on let's go." I yelled at them, and they followed me out of the quinjet and into Manhattan. Naturally they started to fight everything that came even close to them.

Our task seemed impossible, we were fighting these things one by one. But at least they were relatively easy to kill. When we thought that just maybe, just maybe we could win, we saw an alien the size of a train. We heard it before we saw it. It slithered across the sky, wrecking everything in its path. I've never seen anything like it. I watched in terror as it came our way. Bruce had pulled up in a motorcycle just minutes before.

"I'm bringing the party to you." Stark told us.  I watched the monster follow Tony, slithering through the sky. How are we going to defeat it? I couldn't believe my eyes. What was happening to us was worse than I could even imagine. It seemed like the apocalypse.

"Dr. Banner this would be a good time to get angry."

"That's my secret captain, I'm always angry." Bruce said. I watched as he turned into the Hulk.

"Hulk smash" Steve ordered. The Hulk gave a smile and jumped up. It took the monster and shoved it down. I was absolutely amazed. I froze and finally got myself together. I turned around and looked around. People were running everywhere. I ran to the nearest building.

"Listen! Listen!" I yelled trying to get people's attention. Some people looked at me.

"Head to the basement. Stay off the streets! Tell everyone you can. Go to the subway and the lowest level you can!" I yelled pointing out places to hide. Everyone moved whether or not they heard me or not. I was helping people make their way to shelter while fighting off aliens.

I ran out into the street to take down the Aliens coming closer to the subway station. People were running behind me in a frantic way.  I jumped on one Alien and broke his neck. I took his weapon and shot it at the others killing it. The Aliens that were coming towards me were now dead. I grabbed their weapons and shot it at others killing them. I took cover from a car and shot a group of them. My heart was beating widely. I was so high with adrenaline, I almost felt dizzy.

I took a breath to regroup and headed to a new spot. Clint said Third and Main was busy so I ran there. I grabbed an Alien weapon. I started shooting at them once I got close enough. I was able to kill the Aliens on the ground by just shooting them. Then a swarm of them came from above. For awhile I held my ground shooting at them. Then they became too much and I had to run.

I ran in a zig-zag pattern trying to miss their shots. There was a group of aliens that were shooting at me from the sky. I was dodging debris, jumping over cars, and running into them on accident. The Aliens were getting increasingly closer to me and I was running for my life down Third street.

"Anna!" Steve called out catching my attention. Steve was on his way down third street when I saw him. He watched me run towards him with ten different Aliens shooting at me. I ran up a car and literally flung myself at him. He grabbed and swung me around, putting him and his shield in between the aliens. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the blow. But there was nothing, only the sound of their shots. I caught my breath and opened my eyes. I quickly reloaded my guns and shot at the Aliens coming at us from the ground. Soon the Aliens flying and shooting at Steve's shield flew over the top of us. I shot at them from the cover of Steve's shield. Finally the group was down. I put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. This was all so much.