I pray that you are safe, dear brother and that my letter reaches you in good time. I fear the day that I will no longer receive your letters, though they are a great comfort to my heart but a distinct reminder that you are away. A year has already transpired and much has happened. Ginelle is excelling exceptionally in her studies, her eagerness for knowledge is limitless. She and I have grown inseparable. I find myself adoring her more each day; I dare say we have become much like sisters.

            I pray the weather at sea isn’t too dreadful. I have yet to hear of the wellbeing of your crew and if you have found your vessel. I know that the good Lord keeps you safe and guides your path but I am anxious for the day of your return.

With love,

 Eloise

5 June, 1815

 My dear Dorian-

            It is good to hear that the weather is pleasant at sea. Though I have never been fond of traveling, I’m sure the Atlantic is a beautiful sight beneath the sun. I am relieved to hear that you have retrieved your vessel but terribly disturbed that you have yet to hear of your crews’ whereabouts. I will continue to remind you that I greatly disapprove of your journey and I am in constant fear for your safety. Your letters put me at ease if only for a short period of time until I am anxious for the next. I insist you put an end to this frivolous pursuit. I know your pride would not allow it but I’m asking you to allow the authorities to handle the man that which you hunt. I fear the day that you are forever lost to me.

With love,

Eloise

25 October, 1815

My dear Dorian-

            The weather here has changed along with the trees. Ives has purchased new laborers for the fields; he keeps me well informed. Ginelle and I went riding yesterday. There was a slight chill in the air but the ride was pleasant nonetheless. Lady Margaret Bennett hosted a ball in honor of Elizabeth’s coming of age. I would like very much to do the same for Ginelle. There has been much gossip about my ‘ward’. I keep her status very discreet. Neither she nor I are concerned with the loquacious ton.

Having her here brings much assuagement of my worry for your wellbeing. I pray every day that your journey is a safe one. 

With love,

Eloise

24 January, 1816

My dear Dorian-

Ginelle continues to excel in her studies. I know that you were against the idea of her staying here with us but she has brought much light into my life. You do not know the happiness she gives me.

I’ve seem to have caught a mild cough. It is nothing to concern you with but at times I find it extremely bothersome. Though there has been much frost on the land and I believe I might have caught a slight chill. I am anxious for your return, dearest brother.