I I

Knock Knock

Luke's sweaty palms knock on the wooden door, one he has knocked on more than a thousand times. The door that would separate him from Charlie, the door to her parents house.

Ruffling is heard through the door, Luke's senses on high alert. He sees someone looking through the eye hole, an unsettling feeling erupting through him.

" She doesn't live here anymore " a familiar masculine voice states, he immediately recognizes it as Charlies fathers voice.

" Do you know where she lives ?" Luke asks through the door. Silence is the only reply Luke receives, a small irritated chuckle escapes his lips. With that Luke decides to leave.

Charlies parents no longer a valuable source.

+

Phone book, notepad, phone and blue ink pen neatly laid on the cheap hotels desk. Luke's determination to find Charlie was at a peak, all his motivation and hope was focused on this phone book.

He knew Charlie would be in the area, she never strayed far from what she knows unless she is persuaded by others.

Charlies parents weren't any help, Luke raked his mind for memories of people that could get him a step closer to finding Charlie.

But nothing.

Repeatedly tapping the pen onto the desk, in sync with the loud clock hanging above the outdated fridge. Luke recalled a boy.

A boy that Charlie was friends with, Brown mop of curls and a strong Australian accent dominated his voice. The name had Luke was on the tip of his tongue but it was like an itch you can't itch. It was frustrating him.

Deciding to have a break and make a cup of tea, Luke stands and makes his way over to the kitchenette. Flicking the kettles switch, the kettle starts heating the water.

Ashton, the name rolled off his tongue as if Charlie was saying Daddy. But at this moment he felt better than him being called Daddy, because he was getting closer to finding his BabyGirl.

Luke's small celebration came to an end as his next thought

What's his last name?

Luke furrows his eyebrows, he has never heard Ashton's last name.

Forgetting about the boiling kettle Luke walks back to the desk, taking a seat and cracking his knuckles.

Searching through the phone book there are about 20 different Ashton's in the area, and one of them will be the right one.

Hoping the Ashton he is looking for still lives in the area, Luke scribbles down the names and numbers of all the Ashton's.

Let the calling begin.

A/N New book cover !

Published: 2/04/16
Word count: 433