Chapter 65: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Then you're here for him?" Sasuke demanded, rage in his voice. Rin glanced between the both of them, and even I could see the reluctance in her stance as she shook her head.

"No" She replied simply and while Sasuke seemed confused at this, Itachi only seemed to calm.

"I'm here for me, I'm here to put an end to this myself" She said confidently, and her brothers fell momentarily silent.

"Well in that case" Sasuke touched the summoning marks on his wrist and turned quickly throwing a giant shuriken straight for Rin. I noticed Itachi's eye fall close, no concern for her as he began his own hand signs, taking advantage of Rin's distraction. The Shuriken tore right through her, but the moment her body hit the ground it faded to nothing.

"Basic chakra distribution, c'mon Sasuke. What was the point of all that training if you fall for my first trick?" She taunted. Sasuke looked up and Rin was kneeling on the roof, she winked at him but he didn't falter. He smirked instead motioning to Itachi as he pulled back his hand revealing the wires rigged to the shuriken. Rin's eyes widened as the shuriken broke into several pieces, she wasn't Sasuke's main target. Itachi was. Rin let herself drop from the ceiling, turning mid air as she drew her katana. She landed a few steps in front of Itachi and managed to deflect every piece of the shuriken, all but the one that shot directly into Itachi's thigh.

"He should have been able to dodge those easily" I muttered, surprised that he needed Rin's assistance at all. Rin returned her katana to her belt as she turned towards Itachi.

"What the hells wrong with..." Rin's sentenced dropped the second she met his gaze, like she noticed something none of us could.

"No way"

Itachi

Sometimes how well Rin knew me was startling. I knew she had figured it out, the moment I couldn't dodge that attack she knew. I held the same illness she once had, and this battle was only making it progress faster. I could tell she wanted to scold me, but behind her I noticed Sasuke's hand signs. I shoved her aside as fire followed Sasuke breath and barely managed to dodge it myself. He followed with a lightning attack sending me through the roof and into the open air. I started hand signs, knowing he'd be quick to follow but instead of him Rin was the first out. She took a scroll from her belt and dropped it to the ground slamming her hands against it. I couldn't stop mid-jutsu but Rin was calm when my flames went straight for her. I realized then water was coming from the scroll and Rin had already completed another set of hand signs.

"Water wall jutsu!" She shouted and water scaled upwards meeting my flames, and in a way I was relieved that she took to water better than wind. The collision of our jutsu erupted into steam. I lost sight of her until an explosion rocked the ground, Rin was sent flying from the steam and slid across the roof Sasuke following right after her. Their hand signs were in sync and their fireballs released at the same time colliding between them. I knew this was my chance.

"Amaterasu" I could tell Rin heard me as she rolled to the side cutting her jutsu short. The black flames easily overtook both their fireballs but while Rin knew to retreat Sasuke merely pressed on. I followed his movements with my Amaterasu, the black flames gaining on him with every step. I knew Rin was waiting for an opening, either that or she would find a way to interrupt the jutsu. I managed to catch Sasuke's wing forcing him to stop running as he stumbled to the ground. Right on cue Rin appeared, her sword drawn and for a moment I thought she was going for the kill but her direction changed, instead she sliced straight through the wing separating Sasuke from the flames.

"Really Sasuke" She muttered as the body melted into a hole in the roof. She seemed annoyed at his use in substitution, her efforts to save him from my jutsu wasted. She returned her katana to her belt, already knowing I wasn't a true threat. I tried to walk to her but dropped to my knees coughing into my hands. I would have fallen forward but instead fell straight into Rin's shoulder. She was kneeling in front me now, her hand on my back as I coughed.