Chapter 51: Depth

Start from the beginning

For example, if she's wearing a loose t-shirt or a sweater, I can't even tell.

She's still quite petite.

But there has been a few times when we go out for dinner, and she's wearing a slightly tighter dress, that I can notice just the slightest bit.

Which is odd, considering how early she is.

I'm pretty sure seven weeks is fairly early to start showing, but all babies grow at different rates.

Sometimes her pregnancy shows, sometimes it doesn't.

But noticing her belly get even the slightest bit bigger, has been overwhelmingly exciting.

It's just so certain, you know?

There's another little human in there.

It's been really different, just knowing that she's pregnant.

I'm beyond excited, of course.

But, it's just different.

Every time I look at her, I know that there is another little one inside of her.

A little one that we both created.

And that thought, is mind-boggling.

I continue walking, one hand shoved in my pocket, the other holding our food.

A few people pass by me, busy in their own lives.

Abby and I still haven't told anyone about her pregnancy.

We don't plan on telling anyone until she's three months, so for now, her and I are still the only people that know.

After about ten minutes, I reach Trump Tower, making my way into the main lobby.

The lobby is bright and somewhat busy tonight.

Fancy chandeliers hang from the ceiling, and staff workers help check-in guests and other visitors to Trump Tower.

I proceed through the lobby, smiling down at a little boy as I pass him and his family.

He's wearing a Patrick Kane jersey, and he's probably about three.

He smiles up at me, and I continue towards the elevators.

I file into an elevator, pressing floor eighty-four.

I can feel myself ascending, and I lean back against the elevator wall, closing my eyes.

The only downfall to Abigail being pregnant is that she hasn't been "in the mood" for a long time now.

We haven't had sex since her birthday, and I know that was only just a month ago, but it feels like forever.

I know it's immature of me to be feeling desperate for sex, but honestly, if you've seen Abigail, you would know that she is the most beautiful, brilliant, and fascinating human-being on this planet.

And when you're dating a girl as beautiful as Abigail, it's hard not to want to fuck her once in a while.

Plus, this past summer, we were having sex so often, it was literally a dream come true.

Suddenly having to go without it, has been harder than I thought.

I shake my head, laughing at myself.

Right then, the elevator doors open, and I get out, walking down the hallway to the apartment.

I reach the apartment, and I unlock the door, moving into the entrance of the apartment.