" Why were you talking about a war?"- Elijah swayed off the topic.

" Signs- readings from runes- the stars- the power from the witches who use black magic...and it is getting stronger every day. There is Klaus Mikaelson with his own army, that has built, who will march as soon as he finds Esther, who has made a deal with a powerful warlock named Dragan. He uses black magic. My suspicion is that he will trick her to use her powers."

"You know that Esther is in Romania?!"- Elena said slightly shocked, although Lia had demonstrated what powers she had.

"Her appearance in Europe caused quite a stir. I was surprised that she had been brought back. She is still very powerful, and knows how to hide her whereabouts- it was really hard to find out what she was up to. I couldn't do much till I got the scrolls- now- it's a different story. "- " The reason she is so eager to find Elena is because she wants to sire another hunter."

Elena felt uneasy. Lia may have pledged to save her, but she was afraid that this witch, who claims to be her family from a distant past, would harm Elijah. Lia had sensed their connection straight from the start, and now uttered to calm her- "the vampire hunter that she wishes to create would not be able to kill the hybrids as they have mutated. This is were the problem lies."

Both Elijah and Elena couldn't hide their feelings to the newest revelation. Elijah knew that his mother would not stop, but he didn't know what she was aiming at.

"There are certain things that I need to do, as tomorrow I have a lecture to give. But before that, I'd like to say that I don't advise you to go back to the place you were staying - Dragan is not someone you should underestimate. The attic is renovated as an apartment, so you are welcome to stay here, as this house is protected from any unwelcome visitors. I am sure there is a lot you wish to discuss now,.... but I have to leave you now."

Before she left the library, she put the hand on the box with the scrolls uttering words in Dacian language, excused herself politely and left them.

Elena turned to Elijah, who now got up from the chair he was sitting in and went to the window overlooking the beautiful park full of chestnut trees.The colour of the leaves have begun to change and the pathways were scattered with fallen leaves. She walked to him. Touched his arm and sat on the window sill.

"You are worried about Esther?!"- she said.

He looked at her with adoration and caressed her face softly - "All of it."- he said- " Everything changed- in so many ways... it is all very apocalyptic sounding."

" I know..."- Elena thought about what Lia had said about the doppelgangers and then herself-"I've always felt I was different somehow, and the world was calling me,and I thought that there must be a greater life outside of Mystic Falls and that I shouldn't stay and follow the line.... and Damon..ugh..."

"What is with Damon?"- he was now surprised that she brought him up again.

"There was more than that one compulsion- "- Elena said. Elijah waited for her to continue wanting to know more, so she explained- " ah.... we met before I even knew about the existence of vampires, and... it's so crazy..."- she thought for a second how she fought with Matt about how their lives would be in the future. Matt had it all mapped out for them. It seemed that things were all mapped out for her anyway-".... hm... I didn't know what I wanted... and he had said that I wanted what everybody wanted- love, passion, an adventure, even a little danger.... boy, was he right.... and all of it hundred times over...."- she now took Elijah's hand in hers, looking at him-" I can take anything that comes my way if you are with me."

Without uttering anything he swooped her in his embrace. Her warmth enveloped him. All her emotions seemed clear, and she found it unusual how strangely it all came into its place. If somebody had told her a year ago that she would be with the Original vampire half way across the world, she would probably dismissed it as an unbelievable fantastic story.