Chapter Seventeen

I woke up in my bed. My vision cleared, and I rolled out of the bed and wobbled to the bathroom to wash my face. I came out moments later and walked to the kitchen. Niall was making eggs and hash browns. Irish people and their potatoes. I thought. "Smells good." I said coming up behind him.

He turned around and smiled at me, giving me a quick hug and a soft "Good morning." before turning back around to finish making breakfast. "I just hope it tastes as good as it smells." I said standing beside him, leaning my hands on the counter.

"Are you doubting my cooking skills?" Niall asked, turning to me.

"I don't know. I heard Harry's the cook of the group."

"I pretend like I can't cook so the boys don't constantly ask me to make them food."

"Sure."

I grinned, then sat down at the table. "Go get some food from Louis then." Niall said.

I couldn't really tell if he was joking or not, so I just sat there for a moment. "I'm fine here." I said smiling at him.

He didn't look up. I was starting to get worried. "Niall, what's wrong?" I asked standing.

He didn't look up. "Nothing." he said quietly.

"I'll be right back." I said heading to the door.

I grabbed my phone and key from the bedroom and walked next door to Harry and Louis's room. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Moments later, Harry opened the door. "Hey, Kate! What are you doing here?" he asked pulling me in for a hug.

"Can I talk to you and Louis for a minute?" I asked.

"Of course." he said, stepping aside so I could walk in."

As I sat down on the couch, I realized I still wasn't wearing a shirt, but neither was Harry, so it wasn't that awkward. "Louis! Kate's here!" Harry yelled down the hall.

Louis stumbled out of the room and said, "Good morning."

"Morning Lou. Can I talk to you?" I said giving him a hug.

"Of course."

I sat on the couch next to Harry and Louis sat in front of us on the floor. "What's wrong with Niall? He seems upset." I said.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"We were cool last night. I fell asleep watching a movie with him and this morning I was trying to joke around with him about his cooking and he got mad and told me to come get food here."

"That's odd." Louis said.

"You don't think." Harry said looking at Louis.

"She couldn't." Louis replied, looking a little worried.

"What if she is?"

"This can't be good."

"Can you guys stop doing that? I have no idea what you guys are talking about!" I said, starting to worry.

"She's back." Louis said looking at me.