Part One

A snowball fight between the team

¤--------¤

Wally's eyes burst open as if shaken awake. With all the joy of a small child, he sped over to the window in his room at Mount Justice.

The previous night, the Zata tubes had been temporarily shut down due to the severe weather conditions. After a draining mission somewhere in rural Australia, the team was exhausted, and after the debriefing, collapsed into their respective bedrooms.

But now, at six thirty in the morning, Wally West was the opposite of tired. With an excited squeal, he dressed at superspeed and ran out of his room.
His window showed a beautiful, untouched winter Wonderland. That is, until an excited speedster plowed through it.

Awakened by his teammate's yells, Connor Kent groaned. How one could be so happy, after a mere four hours sleep was beyond the clone. He rolled over on his black covered bed and stared out his window,his grumpy thoughts silenced by the pure white layer that coated the mountain.

The technology that was used to hide the windows from outsiders did nothing to diminish the view, and Connor merely lay there, enjoying his first snow.

Across the hall, a certain archer was roused from her dream of chasing Wally (not like that, he had stolen her bow) by her instincts, honed from years of training.
She growled in displeasure, and stumbled out of her room to find someone to yell at, preferably a red haired, annoying, pain in the arse, cute speedster.

Wait, what?

Artimas stopped, and shook her head to get the incriminating thought out of her head. She was just tired. Nothing more, nothing less. And so she continued on her way to the kitchen, where she met M'gaan, and the lapse out of mind.

"Hi Artimas!" M'gaan called cheerfully. "Sleep well?"
Artimas grunted and fell on the couch in a heap, only to leap up when Robin jumped on her.

Cackling, Robin smiled widely when she fell off onto the ground. The archer climbed up with a death glare and wacked the little troll upside the head.
"Good morning to you too," Robin grouched as he retaliated with a sharp poke to the side, which was greeted with a less than friendly yank off the couch.

Watching with amusement, M'gaan called out to Zatanna as the girl walked in and slumped on a stool at the breakfast bar. Instantly, the small tussle ceased, as Robin stopped trying to pull Artimas's hair and went to say hello.

Smirking inwardly, the archer greeted the sleepy Magician with a smile. Completely awake now, Artimas grabbed one of the pancakes M'gaan had cooked, drizzled maple sauce on it and ate it with her hands.

"That's disgusting," Wally teased as he ran in.
Over Zatanna and Robin talking/ flirting, and the food in front of her, Artimas hasn't noticed the computer announcing his arrival.

"Hipahlagrit" she tried, add food spilled from her mouth. Wrinkling her nose, Zatanna said,
"Uh, translation anyone?"
Robin , who is well experienced in the language of Food in Mouth from years with Wally, did as she asked. With an anormous effort, Artimas swallowed and shot(ha! Pun) a reply back.
"At least I can, uh, I'm... um... well... Shut up, Baywatch ."

Wally pretended to stagger back, clutching his heart
"Oh cruel temptress! How doth insult do wound me!" He dramatically cried, to the amusement of all, and even Artimas smirked a little, though she covered it with a glare.

"Go kiss a frog Shakespeare-it might improve your looks. Though, I think that's impossible!" She snarled back, her heart not quite in it.

"I couldn't agree more, Arty! I can't get any more good looking. It's just a fact."

"Don't twist my words around, Shakespeare! I would call you attractive if my life depended on it!"
That said, she remembered her slip up this morning.
"Oh sure, Arty, and I'm sure I could change your mind..."
Wally trailed off with a suggestive look, and Artimas exploded.

"Shut up you creep! Honestly..." but at this time, M'gaan and Zatanna were back into their conversation and finishing breakfast, and Robin had ninja-ed away.

A few minutes later, Kadur walked in on the same scene, accompanied by Connor, both discussing the weather. Sighing, Kalder tried to defuse the situation.

"Artimas, Wally, have you seen the weather?" He asked with a peace he did not feel.
At this, the two turned around at the two new people to arrive.

"Well I was going to before I stumbled across this cavewoman eating like a... like . .."
Wally fumbled for words. Artimas stepped up to fill in the blank.
"Like you, Baywatch?" She inquired, smirking. And so it continued, till Connor interrupted.
"Shut up." He commanded.

And, shockingly, they did.

The moment silence was interrupted by the Boy Wonder's voice over the speakers.

"Team! It has come to my attention there is 2.5 feet of(virtually) untouched snow! There is snow, but I see no snow fight! I, being the caring, thoughtful teammate that I am,"
Wally snorted, and muttered "This isn't gonna end well," to the nearest person, who happened to be Artimas, who had forgotten their argument in her anxiety of what was to come.
"-That I am, I brought the snow to you! Bring on the fight!"

With these ominous words, the team moved uneasily, glancing around, and muttering to each other. But the suspense didn't last long.

One moment, there was quiet, the next was filled with yells and the sound of falling snow. Robin really had brought the snow to them, and it seemed with the help of a certain magician. The two trolls could be seen laughing, and cakling at their friends misery.

But they had awoken the beast. The both froze(ha ha, another pun) at the sight of a half mad, half Kryptonian who hadn't had any coffee, rise from the snow.

They were stuffed. Laughing, they ran from the cave into the cold air, with Superboy's cry joined by Artimas's.

"This is war!"