The Sighting

The moment he felt me tense up, he bombarded me with questions.  I kept silent as he looked out the window, but Jacob was already gone. 

~The Next Day

I said goodbye to Edward before he went home to change.  He asked me to come to his house later.  I gratefully agreed.  I hadn't seen Esme in a few days and it gave me a break from the questioning I know he would give me later.  The moment I saw Jacob last night, I knew I needed to talk to him.  After all he had done for me, I couldn't just leave without saying at least goodbye.  It would not be easy though.  Edward had pretty much forbidden me from going to the reservation.  I understood it was for my protection, but I had been very angry when he told me......     

* * * (Flashback)

"I need to see Jacob." I said pleading with my eyes.  "No." he said with a firm finality.  "Charlie says Jake is having a hard time.  He's hurting right now...."  "Werewolves are unstable.  Sometimes people near them get hurt," I pictured Emily's once beautiful face, now marred by three dark scars. "Sometimes they get killed." He continued.  He waited for me to say something, grimly triumphant.  I knew I wouldn't win, so I went back to my homework.  I knew he was looking at me, but I said nothing. It didn't matter what he said, though. I would see Jacob. No matter what it took.                                                                                                                                                                                    

~

Once I had finally gotten dressed, and Charlie was gone, Edward picked me up and we drove to his house.  I said Hi but nothing else as the car's speed climbed higher and higher.  I looked at him and found him staring at me.  I quickly looked away, and looked at the window.  "What's wrong?" he asked, the worry clear in his voice.  "Nothing." I said  Silence.  "Bella." he said in a pleading tone.  I turned away from the window and looked at him.  "Edward, It's nothing." I said fighting to smile.  He left it alone, but I knew he wouldn't for long.  At that point we were in the driveway of his house.  I got out quickly, genuinely excited to see my vampire family.

As soon as I got into the house, I was hugged by Esme.  We walked into the living room, Edward taking my hand and leading me to the couch.  "Squirt!" I heard Emmett yell from the top of the stairs.  I smiled.  "Hi Emmett."  "It's been ages," Emmett said  "I thought you must have broken a bone by now!"  Everyone laughed but me.  Even Edward chuckled.  "How have you been Bella?" Esme asked after she stopped laughing.  "I've been fine."....................

~

Edward and I had gone up to his room after a long chat with everyone.  Alice had gushed about the wedding details, and I had found myself slipping to my happy place again.  I walk in and he follows me, closing the door behind him.  I sit down on one of the chairs he had insisted on putting in his room.  I looked out the window, and started thinking out Jacob again.  I tried to push it out of my mind, but I eventually gave up.  Edward saw my expression and took a deep, unneeded, breath.  "Bella, please tell me what's wrong.  It's killing me to see you this way and not know why."  I looked at him.  He had a pained look on his face, and I knew I needed to tell him.  "I'm going to see Jacob."

~Thank You for reading! I realize that I may have "borrowed" some of the phrases from Stephenie Meyer, and they are in no way my own.  I may occasionally do that, but remember I DID NOT WRITE THE TWILIGHT SAGA OR CREATE ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS.(Even though I wish that I did) The rest is mine though, like the story line, added characters *wink wink etc.  I hope you liked it!  Please feel free to give me criticism or ideas (But keep in mind I am a person and I have feelings :) ~ Haley