No One Mourns the Wicked

Start from the beginning

     Killerman led the way back into the hotel's hallway, popping a bubble with his bubble gum.

   POP! The large pink bubble popped in thin air.

 "My families dead. You guys are all the family I have left." The boy admitted.

     Jeffrey stopped and stood with his gun in hand, "But I was mean to you. And you were mean to me!" 

       Killerman tilted his head back and laughed out loud once, "I respect you! You're a tough guy! I look up to you. That's why I pick on you all the time! I gotta have fun with someone around here!" Killerman laughed again.

      Jeffrey stared at him dumbfounded, "You're one strange little boy!" 

     Killerman approached his with an outstretched hand, "You're alright, Jeffrey." 

     Jeffrey took his hand and they did a bro hug, "You're alright too, for now." Jeffrey smiled.

        "JEFFREY LOOK OUT!" Killerman shoved the much larger than him Jeffrey out of the way as a corpse approached them from behind.

       Jeffrey slammed back against the pale colored pastel wall in shock. He let his guard down and was still trying to figure out was going on. All he could see was Killerman being ripped apart before his eyes. Jeffrey's jaw dropped as he watched the far too young boy being ripped open and organs being stripped away from him into the mouth of a once living body. 

          POW! 

        Jeffrey didn't remember shooting the monster. His subconscious took over with a need to survive. With his adrenaline still running the corpse roared, charging at him. 

      He missed it's head. 

         The reanimated corpse came at him. Jeffrey pulled a pocket knife from his pocket and stabbed the balding pale head over and over, toppling over on the ground in rage. He landed on top of the corpse. He took the blood covered knife and stabbed it over and over once more. In fury and adrenaline, he finally stopped and stared at the creature. He was sweating like crazy and panting like a maniac as he pushed himself away from the monster and backed against the wall. He stared at the zombie for a long time and then looked to Killerman. 

         And suddenly everything was coming back to him.

     It had never really occurred to him what was happening until right then. He swallowed hard and stared at the poor innocent boy for a long time. 

      Jeffrey shook his head, scrambling to get to his feet. He was shaking, blood splattered across his clothes and grief stricken face. 

          He darted off in a full sprint to find the others.

    "Zack just called on the talky." Ross shook me awake. I blinked my sleepy, droopy eye lashes at him, revealing my tired brown eyes, "He wants to meet up on the 45th floor. He found an emergency phone up there. It's got an office on the floor and he thinks we'll be safe there for now. He said the corpses haven't seemed to get to far up." Ross explained to me.

        I stretched my tan arms out and yawned.

    "We need to get going." Ross turned and offered his hand to me. His face looked pale and serious. He seemed so tired, we all did.

       We all were.

      I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet, straining the large muscles in his arm. 

   We went into the hall, but Ross put his arm in front of the door as to block me momentarily, "Wait." He began. 

     "What is it?" I whispered up at him as he listened.