1

Kellys pov.

dear diary,

I've began this new diary as I begin my new life. I always knew that this day would come. mom was sick. she had cancer. they said she only had 3 months to go. but she stayed for 10. then she died. 12/18/15. I'm only 17 years old. I will be turning 18 in 4 months. it's time for me to move back in with my dad and brother Ben. it's been about 4 years. very rough 4 years.

"Kelly come on it's time to leave" my aunt calls for me. I close my book and throw it in my bag. I take one last look at my bedroom.

"Coming!" I yell. before I leave I take my pen and open my closet. I write a little message for the next people who move in.

"hey! I'm Kelly. I used to live here. if you ever see this I want you to know, whatever your going through will be okay. and if you ever need to talk just text me" I leave my number and close the door. I walk down the stairs and exit my house. I get in the car with my aunt. it's been a month since mom died. dad attended the funeral. Ben was on tour with his band asking Alexandria.

I'm not gonna lie asking Alexandria is one of my favorite bands. it gave me the chance to keep up with Ben. along with that came me listening to other bands. like pierce the veil, black veil brides, and such. ever since mom and dad got divorced I've been different. my hair is now black which was brown before I died it. I have a few piercings, I have earrings, a few upper ear piercings, and a nose ring. I've changed a lot. I wear a lot of black now. I usually get teased at school for being emo but after a while I get used to it. I never wanted mom and dad to get divorced. it was mutual. they both just agreed to be friends. but with Ben being a huge guitar player they moved to California. I am now moving there from a town in the uk. it's not the first time I've been to America. I've been there on holiday.

I say my goodbye to my aunt as I leave for the plane. I listen to music while on the plane. I got a window seat. 2 people sat next to me. I ignore them. I knew it's gonna be a boring plane ride. I sit there and take out my diary.

I've just boarded the plane. it's going to be boring. I'm excited to see Ben and dad. the people sitting next to me don't seem that bad. although I've only been on the plane for about 10 minutes. but there's no baby or fat old person like the movies.

when the plane takes off I just listen to music.

I fall asleep after a while. but am suddenly woken up to the person next to me tapping my shoulder

"hey the food service Is coming around and I wanted to see if you wanted anything" the person says. he is not British or American.

"oh thanks." I say looking at the person. when the lady comes around I grab a water and some chips. I usually don't eat chips. but I've decided that I want chips.

"I'm Denis." the guy sitting next to me says.

"I'm Kelly." I say.

"nice to meet you." he says. if I make out correctly he's from Ukraine.

"you too." I say smiling.

"I'm 23." he says.

"I'm 17." I say.

"oh wow you look older." he says laughing.

"yeah. I guess I'm tall for my age." I say chucking. usually people think I'm 13. but I guess not.

"so why are you going to California?" he asks.

"I'm moving there with my dad and brother. you?" I respond.

"i was just on vacation. but I'm going back with my band." he says. I knew he looked familiar. he's in the same band as Ben. he's the new singer.

"wait do you know anyone named Ben?" I ask him.