Help...?

Alec's POV...

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a key. "I'm going to help you," he whispers. His lips brushing against my ear sends warm chills through my body. "But you've got to listen to me. Understand?"

I nod and he unlocks the chains from my wrist. He helps me stand up. He's about two inches taller then me. His age is hard to place. He seems timeless and ageless.

I take a step but trip over my own feet. Magnus catches me before I hit the floor. I stand up straight and meet his eyes. Something inside of me is telling me to run. To be scared of him. But something else, wants me to get close to him. To get to know him.

"Are you okay?" He says a little louder. His tone says that he doesn't care, but his eyes say that he cares a lot. I nod. I'm scared to speak, or maybe I'm afraid that I can't.

"I'm going to take you somewhere nicer," he says making sound like an empty promise.

"Raphael! Ragnor!" He calls looking away from me. A light turns on somewhere in front of me. Magnus starts walking and I follow him.

We reach the light were a guy is standing, facing forward so I can't see his face. I feel a sharp pain in my back.

"Try to run and I'll kill you," a voice behind me hisses in my ear. Magnus turns around. He crosses his arm and bites his lip.

Damn that's a tight jaw line... And those lips...

"He's not going to try to run away," he says. Irritation and annoyance thickens his voice. "Right Alexander?"

I nod and he smiles. He turns around and we start walking. The knife is no longer being placed against my back.

We are walking down a dark hallway lit with lanterns. I'm still shaking. It's a little warmer but not by much.

Magnus stops walking and turns to face me. He puts a finger to his lips and smiles. He takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders. I put on his jacket. He turns and starts walking.

I follow him as we turn the corner. His jacket smells strongly of roses and champagne. It must cost a lot of money.

We walk up the stairs. I see actual sunlight. I can't help but smile a little. I pull the jacket tight around me.

We reach the top of the stairs. The sunshine looks warm, but it's got a bitter chill. Magnus shivers and his back muscles tense. His shirt is see through. I can feel my cheeks getting hot. I look down at the ground.

The grass is a light green and yellow. It's dying. It must be getting close to winter. We walk down a brick path up to a large brick mansion. I want to look behind me, but I know that the guy with the knife might kill me.

Once we get inside the house, Magnus waves off the other two guys. He smiles at me and leads me to my room.

The room is fancy like the rest of the place. I take off Magnus's jacket and hand it him. "Keep it," he smiles. "Take a shower and wear something nice for dinner. Which is in an hour."

He leaves shutting the door behind him. I can hear him locking it. I look out the window. My room is on the fourth floor, so I can't sneak out the window.

The odd thing is, I don't feel like a prisoner. Not with Magnus here. A small part of me is afraid of him and, a bigger part of me is calmed by him.

Maybe he knows my past. Maybe he will tell me...