Deal?

All night I've been thinking about the orphanage,  the escape and the weird force that brought me to the fence, the woods, the sense of freedom, then Xavier and the other people he was acquainted with. The past couple of days have been exciting but scary all at the same time. The events leading up until now, won't get us back into the orphanage. I had a very strong feeling that the worst thing I'm going to face-is not going to be the Headmistress.  Then what was it? Or who was it?

                                                                                                * * *

There was a knock on my temporary bedroom. I quickly sat up. Cadoc  rose from his bed as well. I had a good sleep actually. Compared to all the noise at the orphanage and the uncomfortable ground when I slept out in the woods, this was actually relaxing. There was no pitcher and plate to wash my face with like I usually did. I yawned. Even with a good nights sleep I still had trouble adjusting to the light coming from the cracks of the boarded windows. Every streak that made contact making me hiss. Cadoc laughed. I rolled my eyes but offered a sleepy smile. I stood up from the bed at stretched. I headed for the door with Cadoc behind me.

"Had a good sleep?" Xavier asked us. "Yeah." Cadoc and I replied. We were back at the room where everyone discussed yesterday. "I forgot to take you to the village yesterday to buy disguises and some extras. "

"And just why do we need disguises?" I asked.

"You are not going to stay here all day long, are you?" he said back.

"Hmm.. Well I guess not. When are we leaving?"

"After breakfast." There was a bread basket in the middle. I reached to take a slice.

"Alright lets go."

"What? I didn't even take a bite out of it yet!" Cadoc complained.

"Just move before the bargains are off."

"Wouldn't wanna miss the early deal!" Bree Jane replied. She waved at us as we took our leave.

Xavier was very cautious of his surroundings as we exited the cottage. He turned to face us. "Now you guys, listen to me. The village up ahead is with the government. They will report all of us if they catch sight of you. Follow my lead and you will be fine. You hear?"

"Yes, we heard you." Cadoc said with enthusiasm.

"Okay. Perfect. Here wear these." He handed us dark cloaks. "Stay low, remember." Then we followed.

                                                                                           * * * 

We entered the town. It sounded similar to the orphanage. Everyone  was talking and yelling. I made sure not to make any eye-contact. There was people calling out deals. I saw a fight about a price on something. One man yelled about how it was overprice and the other said it was the best deal he could offer. We continued to move forward. I started to see signs everywhere. Something about assassins? I looked at the signs a bit closer. WATCH OUT FOR THE ASSASSINS. Others saying BEWARE THE MASKED ORPHANS. There was sketches of what looked like masks. Masked orphans sounded weird. Why just orphans? What do they have against them? "Come here." Xavier whispered then motioned me to come behind a sales tent. Cadoc was already following close behind him. A crowd was building up around a man. The speaker, I assume.  "Silence." The crowd then became quiet. "I have news from the governor. In one of Lex's many orphanages two children have escaped." The crowd gasped. "I have been sent to inform you. These children are dangerous. For the time being stay alert. Report if you have any suspicions. That is all." The speaker ended his speech and the crowd began to disperse.