I'll Care For You

The Fire Department cancelled our opening night so when the fuss was over I headed to the hotel, I'd been worried about Candy all evening. I turn on the light and see her cuddled up in the bed shaking, I quickly approach her, pulling the covers from her face.
"Candy are you okay?!" When she sees me its vacant, she begins to scream and hit me with the pillow, she's hallucinating. I take a grasp of her arm and it is almost like holding a searing cup of tea.
"Baby it's me, It's Joe!" I say trying to calm her down, my heart is beating fast. I take the phone and ring the front desk but they won't pick up, no one does. Candy is hiding under the covers again, still shaking, mouthing gibberish. The first thing that comes to my mind is a bath. I run the water, lukewarm temperature, then head back to convince her I'm not a demon.
"Come on, you'll feel better after a bath" I assure her as I try to carry her into the bathroom, she protests "No please! I'm freezing! I'm okay, let me go cunt! I'm freezing take me back to the bed!"
The tub is halfway filled, I drop her gently in, fully clothed. She gasps startled and looks around like waking up from a nightmare but says nothing just continues to shake. She tries to get out but I don't let her. I sit by the tub and begin to undress her, her clothes are very warm from how high her fever had gotten. She sits with her arms wrapped around her legs as I massage her back, constantly pouring water over her shoulders and head. In that manner the fever eventually diminishes and she becomes conscious again.
She sighs then looks at me with weary eyes, "Thank you."
I smile, "I'll always take care of you" she smiles back.
"You scared me, I thought 'it finally happened, she's gone mad'" I joke, we share a small laugh then she splashes water at me, I back at her.

She asks me to massage her again so I do for a while then I help her out of the tub, wrapping her in two towels.
"Tomorrow morning you're seeing a doctor."
She whines, "no, they'll try to give me injections!"
"It's for your own good, do you want to spend the rest of the week in here?"
"No" she pouts lying back in bed.
"Did you eat?"
She nods.
"Good girl" I kiss her forehead, she doesn't protest or sway back, this makes me smile, it's a step forward.
I take a shower and when I'm done she's fallen asleep again. I don't understand how someone can sleep so much.