Part 1

I anticipated that letter coming for weeks. The letter that opened up worlds of opportunity. My letter from Hogwarts. With your father working in the Ministry of Magic, it was not an uncommon topic of conversation. Days and days passed, until finally, on my 11th birthday, it arrived. The silver envelope with gold undertone that displayed my name "Jenna Stone" on the front in sparkling letters.

On the day of leaving for Hogwarts, I told my dad, Peter, bye and stepped through platform 9 ¾ with a newfound confidence. During the orientation, my feet were burning with excitement to see what house i'd be place into. Not knowing anyone, I migrated to the back of the room while the sorting hat did it's sorting.

There's nothing in the hat the sorting hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be

You might belong in Gryffindor , where brave at heart dwell

Their daring nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in HufflePuff where they are just and loyal

Those patient HufflePuffs are true and unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw if you've a ready mind

Where those of wit and learning will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make your real friends

Those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends.

At last, I moved my tangled black hair out of my face as the sorting hat called "Jenna Stone" "I must be in Ravenclaw," I thought "I'm pretty smart". But when I place the hat onto my head, It was a startling surprise. "Peculiar" it called out. And the crowd went silent. Gasps echoed throughout the corridor and confused faces stared at me through all directions.

" I asked everyone to make their way to the their common rooms - immediately," I heard Dumbledore, the head wizard of Hogwarts, say with urgency as he walked over to me.

"A 5th house?" He exclaimed. "This is impossible!"

"I-I'm really sorry, sir" I cried. "I didn't mean to stir up any trouble. I-I'm only eleven. Please don't punish me".

"Don't be sorry, young one. You're not in trouble at all. For now, you can stay in the Slytherin common room. I'll go and uh... try to figure things out".

The Slytherin common room was decorated festively in green and silver to welcome all the 1st years. Everyone seemed to avoid me, as if I had a disease. They just talked about me through whispers and evil glares.

I made my way to a floating couch and sat and admired this beautiful place. It was like a dream. Then, a boy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes approached me.

"Hey. I'm Hunter. You look alone sitting here".

"Ya, I feel quite alone right now. I am the only member of the Peculiar house,in case you haven't noticed".

"Oh trust me, I've noticed. It's poor luck for a 1st year. Being a 3rd year like me is hard, too. I want to learn real magic, but all anyone wants to talk about it you".

"Haven't you been learning real magic?" I asked " You have attended for two whole years already."

"No, that's easy stuff. I want to learn how to do more complex magic," He said with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "By the way, Jenna, your eyes are pretty".

"Thank you," I replied. My eyes were a deep reddish color, almost crimson. My mom's were nearly identical. "I get them from my mom. She died by a spell mishap when I was two".

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

"Don't be sorry... You're not the reason she's gone".

* * * *

"What is this I hear?! A fifth house!" Voldemort exclaimed. He scratched his bald head and wrinkled his nose. "Hogwarts... I swear that school is getting more powerful every day. And pretty soon... well... they could corrupt my power!" He threw a vase across the room. "What makes this - Jenna - so special anyways?"

"Voldemort, sir, calm down. I'm sure it's just a mishap. Maybe the sorting hat messed up or-" Pleaded the witch, Bellatrix.

"Messed up!" Voldemort roared. "150 years and the sorting hat has never just 'messed up'. I'm going to get to the bottom of this and use whatever means necessary to eliminate any threats to my power."

* * * *

"Why don't you make yourself useful, you freak" a tiny fourth year from Ravenclaw told me. She had flowing, blonde hair and blue eyes, clad in a clearly altered robe that showed off all her curves perfectly.

"Do you have a problem with me sitting here?" I asked.

"Hmm... let's see.... yes! Of course I have a problem with you sitting here. Do you know who I am? I'm Danielle, the best of all the Ravenclaws. And this is my lunch table. Ugh, stupid 1st years." She rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, gosh I didn't mean to start a fight." I picked up my lunch tray and brought it over to where Hunter was sitting.

"Danielle yell at you?" He asked, smirking a bit.

" Ya, she seems like such a jerk," I sighed.

"She is," Hunter laughed, bringing humor to the situation. "Girls like her just need potatoes thrown at them".

"We should totally start a food fight," I laughed, finally feeling better.

"I should stop being a bad influence. I don't think starting a food fight at your very first lunch would make a good impression".

"Hey, just the thought cheered me up," I giggled.

After I finished my lunch, Hunter and I went up to the common room to play a game of wizard's chess before my first class at this amazing but truly confusing school called Hogwarts.