Finding Happiness - Chapter 23

July 24, 2018

It was a perfect day - well for me, it was a perfect day. Blue skies. Cold breeze. It was in between summer and rainy season. The perfect day for me and Sarah to start spending our forever.

I woke up feeling energized and ready to take the whole day with so much happiness and excitement. This is it. This is the start of our countless mornings and non stop harutan at kulitan. From this day forward, I can proudly say.. Thats my wife.

As i continue imagining the days ahead, Cobbe and my dad knocked on my hotel room and checked if I am awake already.

"Daddy!" The little guy said.

"Baby, how are you? Missed me buddy?"

"Nako kanina ka pa hinahanap nyan at bakit daw hindi kayo magkakasama matulog ng mommy nya." Dad said while putting out my clothes on my closet. "Ready?"

"I was born ready."

I wanted to call her and reassure that I will be seeing her walk down the aisle. Bigla akong kinabahan na baka hindi sumipot si Sarah. Bakit mo naman naisip yun?

Then my guests started to come and I did not even notice that its time to go to the church. I checked if Cobbe is ready as well. My kid doesn't realized that he will witness the wedding of his parents, which is very rare :)

I was on my way to the church - which is about 30 minutes away - when I received a call from Sarah.

I nervously answered the call. "Hello Sa."

"Ge.."

"Babe, what happened? Don't tell me hindi ka pupunta ng simbahan?"

"Sir." I heard her giggled. "Ako nga lang nagcheck kung sisipot ka eh."

"Why would you think that Im not?"

"Cold feet?"

"Babe, I've waited for this. Ngayon pa ba ko aatras? Ang tagal kitang napasagot kaya. Sayang effort!"

I heard her laugh. "Ge.. excited na ko makita ka!"

"Ako hindi lang makita ka. Excited na kong maging asawa ka."

"Lapit na ko."

"Ako din."

"See you soon."

"See you soon, Mrs. Anderson."

I don't know what did do right for me to have this kind of happiness. It's too good to be true.

I will be marrying the Sarah Geronimo. Sa hinaba haha man ng pinagdaanan naming, this is it. This is what I've been waiting for.

I reached the church and sabi nila nandon na din si Sarah and the ceremony will start in 5 minutes.

I was waiting for her in the altar when I first saw her in her wedding gown.

Thats her Gerald. Thats your future wife.

The walk towards me feels like forever, but as I am savoring every moment of it. I just keep reminding myself to control and not to kiss her as soon as i reached her. This is your wedding for God's sake.

The wedding gown was so simple but it radiates the beauty of Sarah. She was so damn beautiful. She is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. My Sarah - my wife. The thought and the words I am getting myself familiar, because in 1 or 2 hours, she is Mrs. Anderson.

The vows.

Gerald:

I love you. That would be the words I will never get tired of saying and will keep on saying for the rest of my life. I was never the perfect guy - and it was not exactly a love at first sight. But it is love. I keep on asking God, ano bang ginawa ko to deserve a Sarah Geronimo? But I can't find the answer. But I will keep on thanking God na binigay ka nya saken. You will always be the girl who knows which song to sing whenever I am not on my best mood. The girl who loves to laugh and loves to hold my biceps. The girl who make me realize that, good things comes to those who wait. We will have our fights, our misunderstandings, but I promise to be at your side at the end of the day. Friends forever nga diba? Music, Gerald and Me sabi mo. I love you and looking forward to our forever.

Sarah:

Babe, I know I was never been an easy person to keep up with. With the personal things I need to fix first bag pa man tayo naging official. You are the only person who keep up with my mood swings, with my wall of shyness. Believe it or not, you are the only person who I am comfortably sings on the phone - na may parang libreng concert. Not that I am superstar. But you have always been my number one fan although you are the famous handsome Gerald Anderson. Babe, thank you. For waiting for the right time. I love you and looking forward to more babies with you :)

************

May part two pa! :)