Chapter 10: Recalling the Past, Facing the Future POV:Percy

"And this is how you disarm your enemy in battle." I show the newer campers as I easily knock Thomas' sword out of his hand. "So, any questions?" A new Hermes kid raises his hand. "Yes?" "How did you learn all this demigod stuff?" He asks. "Oh I uh-, you know is this really relevant? Wouldn't you guys rather try these moves out for yourself?" "Aww come'on Perc. You never talk about your past." Thomas groans. "You guys really want to know about my past?" All of them nod eagerly, even Thomas. "Alright, alright, you guys better sit down, because this story is a long one. It all started when I was 12 years old......." I tell them all the events and encounters I had over the course of the two major prophecies.  

 "Anything else you want to know?" "Why did you leave the other camp?" one of them asks. "It had to do with my girlfr-"  a scream interrupts me."WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!" yells Dexter. "Thomas, escort them back to their respective groups, then meet up with us. I'm going to go talk to Dexter. Tell all Group leaders to be ready to fight." I run off, heading toward Dexter. "Dex, whats wrong?" I ask.  "Camp is under attack. Some monsters are attacking it." "Where?" "The left boundary of camp." I run toward the left boundary, making sure that my trusty sword is in my pocket. "This could be it Riptide, this could be our last battle, be prepared"  I murmur as I run off to battle.

 "So we meet again old friend?" I yell toward the first monster I ever killed; the minotaur. It growls in response. He charges at me and I quickly step out of the way.  "Alright bud, ready to die again?" He again charges at me but this time has seemed to get a bit smarter and hits me in my right rib cage. "Gotten, a bit smart ehh?" I choke out, pain taking the sassiness out of my words. "Prepare to die!" I jump, lodging my sword into his forehead. Unfortunately for me, it gets stuck, making the minotaur look more like a unicorn. As I try to pull out the sword the minotaur flings me off,  making me fly a good 20 feet away. I'm a little groggy upon landing and he take this chance to charge at me once again, this time ramming his two horns right into my chest. "AHHG!" The pain spreading through me is unbearable. The minotaur retreats, knowing that I am most certainly going to die. Blurriness takes ahold of my vision, my time on earth is almost done, however I am not fearful whether  death comes to me or not. I know that if I do die today, I have completed phase 1 of my plan. The afterlife awaiting me holds the start of phase 2. In my final moments of death, I realize that I am right in front of the camp border. Just like Thalia all those years ago ..... Is the last thing I think as death claims me.