Tempo ↠ Kageyama Tobio

Start from the beginning

Maybe, perhaps, Music and Sports aren't too different. She almost smiles to herself, as she gives out all of her attention to the match.

---

Adagio. She suspects that the players should still be at ease- calm. The members of the teams are only practicing to serve the volleyballs. In fact, some members are still stretching.

And then, she locks eyes with a tall, black haired man, with the number 9 on his jersey. In the few and limited seconds they had eye contact, (Y/FN) sees how he is scowling, and that his eyebrows are furrowed. His eyes hold determination and intensity. He looks away, and he glares at the opposing team- her brother's school's male volleyball team.

Her eyes are opened a bit more now, thanks to number 9. She feels the fire in the match that has yet to begin. Maybe, she was wrong. Adagio certainly wasn't the right tempo she would set the moment as. The tempo is accelerating as the minutes pass. She could surely say that the tempo marking would be...

Andantino. It's not entirely fast, for the real action had not started. But the air is tense- filled with anticipation. The movement is slightly quicker than the normal walking pace.

---

Moderato. The tall one with the glasses is the first to serve in the match. The ball is recieved quite easily by Aoba Josai , and suddenly, Oikawa Tooru dumps the ball onto Karasuno's court, giving them the lead. The tension, or rather tempo.. It was accelerating. Accelerando. It was only one point lost, and yet they seemed so irritated.

"How can a single point won matter so much to them?" She muttered. Her father gives her a bemused look. "You're actually paying attention to the game." It's all he says, chortling, before turning back to watch the game.

When the ball goes over the net to Karasuno's side, (Y/FN) can't help but straighten up when number 9 tosses the ball to number 10. 'Such a quick and reckless tempo.. If it didn't fail, it might've been an Allegro or-' Her train of thought stops, and her eyes widen a fraction as she leans in more, eyes set on the raven haired boy.

Vivace. Lively, fast, and an unexpected turn of the tables. He takes back the point by landing the same shot Oikawa had to them, as if to mock or test him.

'Well, this is going to be interesting.' She thought, and she assures herself that she's not wrong this time. Negative sparks surround the team, and it all feels like a showdown of who's the best. "You know, (Y/FN)-chan, Oikawa-san, and that number 9 just now, is what you call a setter." Her brother informs her out of no where. A setter?

She replies, "Is that so?"

"Yeah. They're kinda supposed to bring out the best in the members and stuff. How the players play depend a lot on the setter." Another link to music comes to her- they're conductors, of sort. All the members could play the same piece.. However, the better the conductor, the better the music plays.

And fortunately for her brother, as the time passes, and the score of Match 1 is at 25-15 in Seijou's favour, the (hair colour) haired lady can't help but sulk as she figures out that Oikawa is definitely the better conductor at the moment.

The 2nd and 3rd match all pass by as a blur. Vivacissimo, Allegro Vivace, Presto.. The heat and intensity of their battle is rising, and she couldn't help but jump off her seat in glee when Karasuno wins the 2nd round against a powerhouse school. (Y/FN)'s father and brother stare at her in confusion.