The Sun Also Rises

While Tyler, still in wolf form, pounded at the tomb gates, growling and snarling at Caroline and Matt, Caroline tried to hold the gate shut.

"Caroline, let me help!" Matt told her as he walked towards the gate. 

" Get back, I got it!" Caroline shouted as Tyler once again started to attack, fitting his snout through the bars of the gate and snapping and snarling. Caroline flinched but held the gate steady as Matt aimed the rifle at Tyler. Tyler backed up slightly before flinging himself at the iron gate. 

"Caroline, the door's not going to hold." Matt told her as he backed away, the gun still aimed at Tyler. "Come on!" Matt shouted at her.

"Tyler, please!" Caroline begged as Tyler continued with his attack. Matt shot Tyler, who yelped in pain and backed away, but Matt continued to shoot him. " Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler!" 

" It’s trying to kill us!" Matt reasoned.

"Wait!" Caroline called as she looked back at Tyler, who was laying on the ground, panting heavily. "He's wounded."

"Caroline, stay back." Matt commanded as she began to unlock the gate.

"We can go around him." Caroline explained.

"Are you nuts?"

"You're not going to shoot him again, ok? Ok. Matt, take my hand." She told him as she held out her hand towards Matt as she opened the gate and walked out. Matt walked behind her continuing to point the gun at Tyler.

" I got it." Matt replied with both hands on his gun.

She looked back at him, firmly holding the gun in Tyler's direction.

"Matt, take my hand." She ushered.Matt finally complied and places the rifle over his shoulder. He took Caroline's hand and she ran at vampire speed out of the cellar.

As Damon sat at the bar in Alaric's loft, he looked at the werewolf bite on his inner forearm. Katherine stood over him, also looking down at the blackening wound.  

" So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine asked still staring at it.

"Yep." Damon answered 

"It's not that bad." Katherine noted 

"Will be." Damon told her thinking of Rose before he stood up and rolled his sleeve down, covering the bite.

" So that's it? You're just... going to die?" Katherine questioned. 

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" Damon asked back. She shook her head no looking at him in the eye. " Me either." He told her as he grabbed his jacket off the couch and put it on.

"145 years and no last good-bye?" 

"You don't get a good-bye."Damon told her as he turned away from her. Katherine ran at vampire speed to stand in front of him, and placed her hand on his chest.

"No. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." He explained as he tried to leave again, but Katherine stood strong, not moving out of his way.

" Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice." 

" That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice."

" It was her or me. I chose her."

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena’s aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?"