The Last Day Part 3

He took the box from her opening it up to see a large necklace with small diamond flowers along the chain and dangling tear shaped emeralds encrusted with diamonds.

“Why are you showing me this?” He asked her.

“Because it’s time I face him, if it’s happening tonight I might as well look good.” She said as she took the necklace out of the box and handed it to him before turning around and holding her hair up away from her neck. “Are you going to put it on or what?” She asked him before she felt a cold tingle on her skin as Elijah put the necklace on her. “And that’s the outfit complete.” She said twirling around before grabbing her leather jacket and walking out of the boarding house.  “And when this plan falls through, I had nothing to do with it. The last thing I need is not only a pissed of Original but one that wants to kill me. And try not to kill Bonnie, once is enough.” She said walking out of the house and over to her car driving out of Mystic Falls and heading to Philadelphia.

As Carol stood on the stairs of the Lockwood mansion, she rang Tyler once again before reaching his voicemail.
“ Tyler, honey. It's your mother. I don't know where you are, but I need you. I've had an accident and I'm in the hospital.” She said down the phone as Maddox watched on as she kept talking down the phone. “Please, Tyler, come home.” She begged a she hung up the phone and looked over at Maddox. “Why did I say that?”
“Because you had a terrible fall.” He told her as he pushes her with his powers over the railing. Maddox looked down at her from the banister at her unconscious body.

As Damon stood outside the Salvatore, drinking a glass of scotch, Stefan joined him outside.
“ Breakfast of champions, huh?” Stefan asked him.
“ I'm surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get.” Damon replied.
“ You know, you're not helping.” Stefan told him.
“ Elijah is an original vampire, Stefan. One we tried to kill. You're going to believe this guy?” Damon questioned.
“ What do you want me to do, Damon? Elena made her decision. She's choosing to trust Elijah. I'm going to put my faith in her.” Stefan answered.
“ Why? She's going to end up dead.”
“ Because she put her faith in me. She chose to trust me in spite of what I am. I'm going to bet on somebody's instincts, it's going to be hers.”
“ Well, then, that makes you the biggest idiot of them all.”
“ She chose to trust you, too.”
“ Then maybe you shouldn't be so sure about her instincts.” Damon told him before he drank down his glass and left.

While Damon and Stefan talked, Elena walked into the library to join Elijah.
“ You'd think he'd understand why I'm willing to do this.” Elana said as she walked in.
“ Why are you?” He asked her.
“ I'm the key to breaking the curse. Klaus is here because of me. If I don't stop him, then he's going to hurt people. It's that simple.” She explained.
“You’re not the only reason that Klaus is here Elana. But you know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you.” Elijah told her.
“ I know the chance I'm taking.” She promised just as she heard Jenna shouting.                                                                                                                                           “Get out!” She cried.
“ Jenna, Jenna!” Alaric shouted.
“ Get out!” She screamed as she grabbed a crossbow and held it up towards Alaric.
“ Jenna, put the cross-bow down, ok? It's me.” Alaric said as he held up his hand and walked closer to Jenna.
“ Stay away from me.” Jenna kept shouting as Elena, Stefan, Damon and Elijah walked into the room.
“ What's going on?” Elana asked.
“ It's me, Elena, I swear, ok? He let me go. Klaus let me go.” Alaric said looking directly at Elana.
“Prove it.” Damon told him as Alaric looked over at Jenna.                                    “Ok, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to...” Alaric started till Jenna held up her hand interrupting.
“ Okay, it's him.” She said as she put the cross-bow down.
“ Why did he let you go?” Damon asked him.
“ He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight.” Alaric answered.