It was baffling to him that his mother would be in simple conversation and then start crying. Or she'd react to situations differently than how she used to. Not to mention when she was angry, she had enough anger to radiate off her short body for days.

Luke just blamed it on menopause. She was old anyways so he thought this was normal.

"Mom, are you okay?" He asked in what seemed like forever when her cries finally diminished.

"No," she said hesitantly and in that instant, Luke knew she was hiding something from him.

"What's wrong then?" Luke asked

"Promise not to freak out?" She asked looking into his eyes with sad and red ones.

"You can't expect me to react normal when you say things like that," he replied and anticipated the worst.

He expected to hear that his grandmother passed away or that they're moving or that she lost her job maybe he was even expecting to her she was terminally ill but he wasn't expecting what she said.

"I'm pregnant."

Luke stood with a start. Pregnant? Now all the mood swings made sense and all the extra eating she did and the one morning he caught her vomiting made sense.

Luke didn't see why this was a big deal. She was pregnant, he was going to get a little baby brother or sister. He was excited.

Then he remembered it takes two to tango.

"Wait, who's the dad?" He asked confused.

"Luke promise me you wouldn't get mad," she said with a shaky voice.

Luke thought it was a one night stand but his mother didn't seem like the type to do that. Then again, Luke was hardly home to notice if she did go out.

"Mom you're scaring me," he said

"Promise me Luke," she repeated so Luke promised her.

"It's your father. Andrew," she said so soft that Luke almost didn't hear it.

But what she didn't know was that Luke crossed his fingers behind his back.

"My father? As in my father father, the one who you married?" Luke yelled but his mother's silence was all the conformation he needed.

"Why would you have sêx with thy sick bastard?" Luke spoke with utter disgust.

"Luke," his mother said warningly.

"No. You don't remember all the nights he came home drunk. Or all the times he would yell at you for something that wasn't your fault or when he would threaten to hit us. You don't remember that?" Luke shouted backing away from Liz.

"Luke enough!" She yelled back.

It was true. Andrew let alcohol rule and dictate his life. He started to abandon his family on weekends and started spending more times at the rum shops and bars.

When Liz would try to get him involved so they could do a family thing, he'd tell at her and then yell at Luke.

When he was sober, he was the nicest person but one the alcohol drugged his bloodstream he was a devil.

"Don't tell me that. I can't believe you," Luke snapped before running out of the room and down the street.

He came to Ashton's front door only to realize that he was probably at his new apartment and Calum was probably out with Michael leaving Charlie alone and Luke really didn't want to face Charlie but the walk to Ashton's place was way too far.

Best Friend's Fatherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें