Chapter 16

Kayz's POV

I wake up to Charlie barking downstairs I yawn standing up and walking down stairs letting him outside I make me some breakfast setting food down for Charlie I shut the back door sitting down and eating my food. I take a shower washing my hair I walk into my wardrobe I grab a short black singlet,black mini shorts,black leather gloves,black lace up ankle boots and my red leather jacket. I put on pale red lipstick, liquid eyeliner and I put my hair in a high ponytail grab sun glasses and put them on and my keys and walk downstairs walking outside and locking the door I walk over to my bike and get on driving to school and parking out the front I walk in and see everyone crowding around I look at the surfers they shrug I walk over to the crowd "move it people" I say walking to the center I see a girl on a bike I cock my head to the side "who are you?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest I hear a engine rumbling everyone turns around but me she smiles "Butchy!" she says standing up and walking over "hey Jess longs time no see" he says hugging her I turn around to stare at him I raise my eyebrow walking over "ah Jess is it?" I ask "yes and you are?" she asks me "Kayz nice bike by the way a 1960 BSA A10 Gold Flash" I state holding out my hand she shakes it "you know about bikes?" she asks "yup my bikes a 1960 red Harley with a shovel head engine or in a simpler version a red versions of Butchy's" I state "well I have to go to the office to get my schedule" she says "i'll come with you i'm starting to like you" I state walking next to her to the office.

We walk inside the office to see Miss Honey she smiles at me "hey Miss Honey" I state "Kayz I see you've met Jess" she states I nod "well i'm gonna go so bye nice meeting you Jess" I say "Kayz can you swing by after school I have some good news for you" she states I nod walking to the door and walking out. I walk over to Butchy giving him a kiss "hey" I say "hellos I see yous and mys cousin get along" he states "cousin? why didn't you tell me she was coming?" I ask smacking the back of his head he rubs it "sorry" he said Lela walks up to me "can we invite her to the sleepover tonight?" she asks "sure go ahead" I state I give Butchy a kiss "I gotta go" I state grabbing my bag off my bike and walking to the music classroom. I walk inside waving at Mr G "hey Mr G" I say sitting at the keyboard I start playing Stay With Me not singing just playing the song "no singing today?" Mr G asks coming up behind me "nah just focusing on the music for this one" I state "as if you could" he says I shake my head chuckling "you flatter me Mr G" I state finishing the song "well you always amaze me" he states walking over to the door "thank you" I say he smiles walking out and shutting the door.

I start playing A Thousand Years I start to sing getting lost in the song I finish the song I hear clapping behind me I turn around to see Jess "oh I didn't hear the door open" I state "who knew anyone could sing or play like that" she states walking over "thanks everyone says that though" I say scratching my neck "I just came to say thanks for inviting me to your sleepover Lela said you were walking in this direction so I came and heard the music my curiosity got the better of me so here I am" she states sitting next to me I look up at the clock "I have a few minutes to spare before I have to head to class" I state "could you play another?" she asks I nod turning around I start playing A Great Big World I start to sing to the song I finish the song a tear streaming down my cheek "whats wrong" she asks I wipe it away "oh nothing I sing this song a lot because it reminds me of my late parents" I state I stand up grabbing my bag "come on we better get to class" I state turning around to see Mr G "oh hey Mr G this is Jess she's new here" I say "nice to meet you Jess" he says shaking her hand "that was even more beautiful than prom night Kayz" he states "thank you Mr G" I state I look at the clock "i'm gonna be late sorry I gotta go" I say walking out and to my first class I stop walking back to the music room to see Mr G smirking I hold a sheepish smile "this is my first class" I state they laugh at me I sit down Jess waves "see ya it was nice to meet you Mr G" Jess states walking out.