Chapter 33: A Flawed Masterpiece

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That sounds great," I gave him a genuine smile, well as best as I could with the pounding pain in my head.

My mind was whirling and I kept seeing little flashes of images that went so fast I couldn't actually comprehend what they were, but I swear I saw Ricky, well more of the silhouette of Ricky because I couldn't tell who it was as it was like a shadow but I'd know him anywhere, and I swear I saw TJ.

We reached the shop and I grabbed Ryan and pulled him to the drink section. TJ and Craig waited outside since they'd just gone out for a bit of fresh air and didn't have any money on them. I opened the freezer where the drinks where kept and as soon as the cold air hit me I began to feel intensely sick, but not only that.

"Prom," I whispered faintly.

"What?" Ryan asked, obviously not hearing me.

"Prom night. TJ took me because my boyfriend was sick and he was complaining that someone was mad at him but I can't remember who and then he tried to kiss me on the way home and I didn't let him and I cried into someone's arms all night while someone else watched and oh my god Ryan what's happening to me," I sobbed, dropping to the floor and holding my hair tightly.

"Okay, you're overwhelmed, let's get you back to the bus," He said softly and helped me up off of the ground. I nodded feebly and followed him out of the store.

I caught sight of TJ and the pounding pain in my head intensified to an unbearable level as images flashed before my eyes, but I could only remember him. I remember him.

"TJ," I cried out as I dropped to the floor again, holding my head tightly as everything flooded back to me.

"What's wrong?" TJ exclaimed as he ran towards me and held me in his arms.

I heard Ryan on the phone to someone - most probably Chris or Ricky - and Craig freaking out and asking what was happening.

"I can't handle it. Make it stop," I sobbed.

"Tell me what's happening so I can help," TJ pleaded.

"I'm remembering things."

"That's amazing!" He exclaimed as more memories flashed before my eyes so quickly I'm pretty sure my eyes rolled into the back of my head. "Talk me through it, what do you remember?"

"I can only remember you." I sobbed.

"Oh," He nodded, obviously concealing happiness, but also seemingly offended that I wasn't happy about it.

"Everyone's got blurryfaces and I can't make them out or remember anything they ever said, but I can see you clear as day. I don't understand." The memories slowly came to a stop and I looked at him carefully, squinting my eyes and examining every inch of his face. "You've changed so much," I whispered, very overwhelmed and tired. I placed my hands and cheeks and stared into his eyes. "TJ I can't believe it," I cried and threw my arms around him.

"I missed you so much," He murmured into my ear as he held me tightly.

I pulled away and brought my knees to my chest, trying to get a grip of everything that just happened and is happening.

"What's going on?" I heard. I looked up to see Chris running towards me. He pulled me into his arms and away from TJ, glaring at him as he did so.