3

The club was beating with a rhythm as loud as my heartbeat at the moment. Ezra looked over at me where he was seated with a curvy red head, his pretend girl for the evening, and mouthed: you okay? I gave a simple nod and headed to the bar for the drink that I would be babying tonight. I needed to play the part while I was here or I would stick out like a sore thumb. But, actually drinking anything was too dangerous, drinking would impair my mind and tonight I needed to be sharper than any night before. This was a matter of life or death.

Speaking of death, Alpha Jackson had yet to show up and I was beginning to wonder if he would come at all. As much relief as that thought gave me, I knew that sooner or later I would have to do this, and it might as well be tonight. I finally reached the bar and made eye contact with the bartender, a 30 something year old big shot that was giving me a look that made me want to pull my dress down. But I was now Alessandria, and she liked to put on a show for anyone who would watch, hoping to attract the target. "What can I get you little lady?" He asked casually.

I smiled wickedly at him, before telling him I wanted a martini with two olives and that I would help him out later if he made sure that was the only thing I drank tonight. His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas and quickly scurried to make my drink. Jesus the things I do for my job. Just thinking about my job, the nerves kicked in again and I ran my hand through my long dark hair, tangling the curls as I did so. I need to keep myself in check here. Get in, seduce, get out and make sure this alpha is dead before sunrise.

It's just a job Rae, just a job. As the bartender returned with my drink and a napkin with what I assumed held his phone number, I walked away to a table in the far corner, where I could watch the club for my target.

I had done it so many times before it was almost like riding a bike; I never forgot what to do. I would stand in the corner, looking at my phone like there was anywhere else I would rather be, and as soon as the target was spotted I would find my chance to infiltrate him at any cost. Let's just hope this one doesn't cost me my life. As I assumed my phone looking position, I received a text from Ezra asking where I was and replied quickly before the club was infiltrated with the most intoxicating scent I've smelt in my life. Maybe the bartender gave me a different drink than I ordered but when I smelt my drink I knew that wasn't what it was. My mate was here. Fuck. Me.

My mate being here would completely ruin this for me. He would come in while I was trying to seduce a man who could easily snap my neck and would become a possessive maniac like a bat out of hell. It would destroy my mission and not only would my cover be irreplaceably blown, I would have to explain to my mate why I was trying to bang the most powerful alpha in the world. Yeah, this was so not going to end well.

I received another message from Ezra letting me know that the target had arrived and a small note reminding me not to die followed. Gee thanks Ezra. I looked up from my phone in time to see Alpha Jackson walking through the club with a long legged blonde on his arm and about six other people surrounding him, laughing. He had no idea I was here, which was good considering if he did I would probably already be dead. The first step was getting him away from that blonde, which was exactly where Ezra came in. I made eye contact with him, and he nodded and spoke to the red head at his side and walked in the direction of the alpha's blonde.

It took about 10 minutes for me to spot him later with the blonde and mouthed to me: Game on. Which means it's time for me to meet the big bad alpha. I put my phone back in my clutch and hid it in the plant beside my table, where Ezra would come to retrieve it later after the mission was complete. I then tousled my hair slightly and adjusted my dress in a way that was both provocative and classy, because I have no idea who I'm dealing with. With everything how it physically should be, it was time to clear my head. This is a mission and I need to be absolutely focused on one thing and one thing only: the man sitting in the lounge that could kill me in an instant.

Let's do this.

I walked confidently over to the bar and retrieved the whiskey that Ezra had prepared for me, using it as my own bait to start a little chat with the man himself.  I had to go about this just right or everything would be ruined before I even began. There was a ringing in my head, a certain fuzziness that climbed inside of my consciousness the closer I got to him but I needed to keep going, no distractions: he is merely a mannequin now, just flesh and bone. No emotion, no lust and absolutely no love. Ava's words moved me forward until I was mere feet in front of him. I put on my wickedest smile and asked the alpha's handsome friend if he cared for a drink, completely ignoring my target.

The man's features lit up appreciatively and he began to engage me in conversation, however all I could do was stare at his mouth waiting for him to finish speaking, which in turn I giggled softly, silkily and put my hand to his chest. My eyes moved upwards to the deep greens of his pupils and kissed him sensually. His hands moved to absolutely any place they good and as I broke apart the kiss I began sucking on his neck, whispering slowly "Well, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"I don't even know your name you wicked thing." I laughed softly and replied one word: Alessandria. I was practically purring at him and he all but stood up and whispered "Oh I have got to show Asher her."

Perfect. It seemed that during me and blondie's small make out session, the target had gotten up and left, thank goodness it was only to a few feet away to the private bar. He was looking around, with a look of concern and anger crossing his features. Okay if I thought there was no room for error back then, there certainly wasn't now. The blonde man held my waist as he walked us toward the alpha, and while I kept my head turned so that I wouldn't make eye contact too soon with him, the pull to look at him increased tremendously. That damn scent was invading my thoughts too, so I began taking my breaths through my mouth, hoping I didn't look crazy. Blondie spoke again, this time to my target. "Asher I want to introduce you to this beautiful creature I met." He gripped my waist tighter and I had to giggle quietly to stop from grinding my jaw. " Asher this is Alessandria."

It was then that I looked up and saw the most sinfully beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. His photo had done nothing for his real appearance, that tight jawline and rugged facial hair. Everything about him commanded authority and when I looked into his crystal blue eyes I knew that I needed to get out of here, now.

"Mine."

A/N-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is Ezra!! Also they finally found each other dun dun dun....

Love you all!!

Peace and Blessings

K